1. No Profile Picture

Unhappy Completely lost my Google ranking.

Hello all,

This is my first time posting on here, be kind. The issue I have is that I recently hired a coder to make some simple alterations to my WooCommerce eCommerce site. Suddenly the ranking I had which also was an extended listing disappeared.
    The work has finished and there is no issues with the code. I use the Yoast SEO plugin.

I have future plans to implement an informative blog roll, Google keywords, social media and public advertising.

Any advice on this?

Thanks in advance,

- Matt Walker
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

If the traffic drop occurred around august, you may be experiencing the effects of google latest algorithm update. It was an update designed to decreasing the SERP of sites with affiliate links.
  5. No Profile Picture

I don't affiliate at all. Can you advise anything I can do?

Thanks
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

uhm, when changing the site around, did you mess with the structure and the permalinks?
  9. No Profile Picture

The layout changed yes.

Do you have any advice thats actually going to help?
  11. No Profile Picture

Same problem is occurred. I used Woo Olya theme for my site <snip> . I got good ranking on SEO Link Building Company keyword but it also totally lost. Its really harassed me.. I don't know but it may be its problem in Woothemes. So please check my website and reply me whats problem over there.

Comments on this post

• saajan agrees : Good advice has been given here
    Last edited by dzine; Sep 8th, 2013 at 05:36 AM. Reason: P.S.: no site reviews in this forum section
  13. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

It's hard to say what needs to be changed until one finds out what was changed and what was there before the change. In other words what simple alterations??
    titles, content, structure. More information is needed.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Are you tracking your site using Google analytics? First, if you are not, I would highly recommend this. If you are using Google analytics, I would go in and find the approximate date that you started losing traffic. Does it line up with a major algorithmic update? Then you may possibly have been affected by that. Was it relatively soon after you made the changes to you site? Then likely whatever changes you made on your site affected your ranking.

Giving advice all depends on the kinds of changes you made. I've seen sites that inadvertently removed their internal linking structure when making changes and lost traffic from that. I also agree with justgoweb above...if you changed any pages, make sure to implement 301 redirects from the old pages to the new pages to pass along the page power.
  17. No Profile Picture

all about google dance by san

Originally Posted by dissectuk
    Hello all,

This is my first time posting on here, be kind. The issue I have is that I recently hired a coder to make some simple alterations to my WooCommerce eCommerce site. Suddenly the ranking I had which also was an extended listing disappeared.
    The work has finished and there is no issues with the code. I use the Yoast SEO plugin.

I have future plans to implement an informative blog roll, Google keywords, social media and public advertising.

Any advice on this?

Thanks in advance,

- Matt Walker
    Hi Matt, all about google dance... did you know % ratio for UK domain is less when compare to other geo in matter of keywords position drifting..
    This is the dilemma im facing aswell as the fact that if things don't turn around in the next few months we may be closing our doors for good which is a shame after 11 years of trading which has been wiped out by a single google update where as all the other updates didn't really affect us.
  19. No Profile Picture

Sorry -- this is unrelated to this post but I can't figure out how to start a thread on a topic I can't already find info about relating to SEO for Google. Can someone help? Thanks!
  21. Contributing User

After reading this click the back button and then click new post.