One of our comptetitors has, within the past 2 months, completely demolished us as far as rank goes in the results. We where in #1 position for years and are now down to the bottom of the first page for our top keywords.

I took a good look at their web site and sitemap. The way they are doing it is by having about 4 dozen identical pages in different directories (the director name and file name all have the keywork in it). The only thing different about each page is the title. They have bogus titles too, but the page content is the same.

So on the google search results you see the different pages with different titles taking up the whole first search result page. But the page content (except for the title) is identical.

I'm really surprised about this as I think google would see it as spam. This has been going on for about 2 months now and they keep getting more of these pages index and we keep getting pushed down.

Our traffic and sales are down 50%. Not good. Should we attempt to do the same to try to get more listed?