Hi, so here we are
I have my website (which is "yoyo (dash) france (dot) net") that I created a few months ago. We are working hard to publish new and original content very often (2 writers, at least 2 new articles per week, often more)
it's based on wordpress so I have the SEO plugin, urls are rewritten to be SEO friendly, I'm trying to do my best about SEO
we have some links in a few directories and from relevant (yet foreign) websites.
there are only two websites on this subject in my area (which is france), the other one is very well referenced since it's been here since several years ago, yet the content is fairly poor (trying to be objective here, see for yourself, you'll find it easily on google) and the site is not SEO optimized in any way.
We don't have the same objective as the other site is more of a community and my site is informative (news, interviews, reviews etc...)
the problem is that the other site is on page 1 so anyone looking for information about yoyoing will find the other site but not mine. and while the other site is ideal for the community aspect, mine is better when it comes to news and general information (like guides for beginner for example)
basically, I want (like everyone here) to get to the 1st page for all or most yoyo related queries.
So I guess I could do several things better, but I don't really know what.
to sum up what's already done
- SEO friendly URL, meta descriptions etc...
- internal linking (within the website but also to the forum which is a "forum (dot) etc..." subdomain
- links from most of the relevant yet foreign forums
- quality content - original content (sometimes even worldwide exclusive content)
- social networks links (facebook, twitter and ladderescape) and updates
but I'm having a hard time reading and understanding all the analytics aspects of SEO.
This website is actually also a "lab rat" for my current job where I've been asked to work on our company's website's SEO.
Anyway, if anyone would be kind enough to walk me through the basics of analytics and what to do to get a better SERP (is that the correct term ?) it would be proper awesome.
Here are the pros and cons as I see em
- very limited potential traffic
- competition against something totally different (there are yoyos in knitting I believe)
- most of the relevant sites are of foreign language (english)
+ almost no competition in that specific field
+ new content on a regular basis
+ SEO friendly blog (on paper at least)
thank you for your help !