1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Client ask why for google optimization.......

hi to all

I have a new client site for promotion. I told hi to go for keyword density for targeted key phrases .i.e repeat targeted key phrases in the content. But he refused this by saying that why go for repeatition of key phrases . he also said that he had seen such sites that have very low keyword density but these sites have top ranking in serps for that key phrases. So why we should go for it . He wants details about this .

So I want to give him very logical and understanble points he understand . For this i want urs help . So please give me some seo points so that i could clear the logic why keyword density required for new site (to my client) and give him full statisfaction.
  3. ;-)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Tell your clients that the page needs to says what the page is about... The density of what the page is about will promote your site...

links help more
  5. Chennai
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

SEO is based on several factors. Some say 'Content is the king' and rely on keyword density and do seo copywriting, while others concentrate on offpage factors like enhancing back links. It is not just maintaining a good keyword density or only having more back links that would help. The optimization process is a mix of all seo efforts to bring desired results.
    Explain your client that keyword density is a part of the seo program and get things done.
  7. SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Your client was (probably unwittingly) right to be suspicious of keyword density. It's not a measure that the SEs use - see the thread on keyword density in the search technologies forum.

That said, you do need to have your keyword targets on the body copy at least a couple times, resistance to this is simply antathetical to ranking.
    CEO & Co-founder of SEOmoz
  9. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Let's backtrack... if you are pushing kw densities above... say 5%... you may have a lot of explaining to do. Your copy has to read naturally. If you have few words on the page... your density will likely run higher. The more the content, normally, the lower the kw density. I have pages that do extremely well at less than 2% density (a lot of content) to above 5% (less content on the page). It is dependent, but you have to write the copy for the viewer NOT the SEs. If your boss sees ridiculous kw packing, he/she may understandbly get quite upset with you.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Suggest me .......

Originally Posted by randfish
    Your client was (probably unwittingly) right to be suspicious of keyword density. It's not a measure that the SEs use - see the thread on keyword density in the search technologies forum.

That said, you do need to have your keyword targets on the body copy at least a couple times, resistance to this is simply antathetical to ranking.

Firstly thanks to all for help
    my client asking that why some sites with low keyword density has high ranking in serps . I have to give the answer of this question . So please suggest me the main reasons for that .

Although in my opinion Page rank is the issue that is though some sites have low keyword density but they have high page rank . And this is sufficient for getting high ranking in serps but the condition is that competetion for that key pharses seems low against page rank Is i m right . Please guide me to the right way ..

Hope to hear from u soon and from others in this fourm.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Because ranking on G is about backlinks and age. On-page optimization does play a role but its very limited (title being the most implrtant). And your client is abolutley right about keyword density. Make the page as informative to your customers as possible and don't make it just for the search engines.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." -- Albert Einstein
    Travel Affiliate Program
  15. Extremely Googled
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Keep in mind that keyword density is only one part of the equation for Google. Other things that may affect your rankings

- The age of your site
    - The number of backlinks to your site
    - DMOZ listing
    - Adword accounts
    - The phase of the moon
    - The color of your eyes

Yes, I'm kidding on some of the above (although there are times you'd swear the moon really does have something to do with it all) but, as you can see, there's a lot more that goes into Google's rankings. You need a holistic approach to SEO rather than just focusing on one aspect. Google has stated at one time that there's over 100 things that factor into a page's rank...
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Other reasons include PR, age of links, allinanchor positions...but if you offer a service to clients you should know this....?

Comments on this post

• dazzlindonna agrees : my thoughts exactly
  19. Contributing User

If you do convince him that he needs a high keyword density (I don't agree) you need to plan on what to say to him if your site doesn't rise high enough in the SERPS. I would tell him more about backlinks and how it's important you get loads of them... by natural means not an FFA!
  21. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Anuj - I just hope that your contract with this guy doesn't make YOU responsible for HIS whims.

If you are the SEO and you feel the site/homepage could do with a bit more keyword density, then you should be allowed to go for it.

If this client would have a good reason to NOT have it, then ok (I'm sure you'd listen to that), but if he knows little about modern SEO he should stay out of it.

However - I'd urge you to keep your on-page stuff looking natural and readable. Think of all the pages that end up on #1 on Google and look like sh**: people will hit the [back] button in no time and the #1 ranking has no value at all
    ...please help me w/ the real Redscowl Bluesingsky...how2 check backlinks...now postin' @ SEO Refugee ...
    <`)~ LOL now that I finally have a paypal account, I'm charging 19,- for SEO advice via PM. Seriously...
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Anuj Again .........

Thanks to all of you . Its great to hear from you and finds urs great suggestions that wou;d help me . I know whats seo . Its around one year i m in this profession . But Clent interaction is never done by me. I just started that one . So find difficulty , If you give me some points about how to better deal with client while promoting his website . Its great help for me .

Again Thanks for suggesting me urs precious suggestions .

Best Regards
  25. Not a Contributing User

Anuj.. try to clear him one point that the site which he is comparing is in the business for years that makes the site a athority site and in authority site on page factors play a very little role.. another thing is as ppl have mentioned above the age factor... as you said that the site is fairly new so there cannot be any comparision.

older sites have a compition edge over the new one.. try to make your client clear about it that big and old players may not even need to have that keyword in there page to rank as they have been the BOSS for those keyword. but for a new site it has to work a lot ... give him a example of "click here". for this KW the first site is Adobe. now once you open the page you cannot find the worl "Click" or "Click Here" any where on the page..

if the client will be intellegent enough he will under stand the diff between old and new site and there KW density... otherwise you cannot do anyting about it..
  27. Not a Contributing User

and ya tell him ... "A kid is a no comparision for Grand father"