1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Clearest 'remove bad links for Penguin' yet

I know I'm probably one of the few left here to read posts (and have about had enough too TBH) I'll post this anyway...

Even though this subject has been done into the ground... this seems even CLEARER
    Originally Posted by Matt Cutts
    Iím going to reiterate that if you were hit by Penguin and know or think you have bad links, you should probably use this too.
    http://searchengineland.com/matt-cutts-qa-how-to-use-google-link-disavow-tool-137664?utm_campaign=tweet&utm_source=socialflow&ut m_medium=twitter

But I still wouldn't put it past him to be saying under his breath (because you don't really want people to see your spammy links).

After all a bit of 'honest', but misleading information might be just perfect, as he said earlier in the post:

Originally Posted by Matt Cutts
    We donít want to help bad actors learn how to spam better
  3. No Profile Picture
    -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Q: Should I create a links file as a preventative measure even if I havenít gotten a notification about unnatural links to my site?
    A: If your site was affected by the Penguin algorithm update and you believe it might be because you built spammy or low-quality links to your site, you may want to look at your site's backlinks and disavow links that are the result of link schemes that violate Google's guidelines.
    http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...vow-links.html

Also said in the little Q&A of the disavow tool announcement.

Hopefully some people are testing it at the moment for penguin hit sites and we will find out in the following months the best course of action.. maybe, probably just more confusion lol.

Comments on this post

• Belfast agrees : I think that's why he said reiterate.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill