1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Can't understand seach position

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that someone might be able to explain this to me because I am having trouble making sense of it. For a while, my website (Dog Bows by Maude - Dog Hair Bows for Shih Tzu, Yorkie bows, wholesale dog bows, Puppy Bows) was listed on the 3rd page of google when I typed in the phrase "dog bows". Then, for a while, the site completely vanished even though I was able to find the site if I typed in it's name in the search box. Then, the site was on the 4th google page for several weeks. Now, it has disappeared and it doesnt even show up 20 google pages in.

I have already read the sticky thread titled "I have lost my rankings, Google has dropped me " and I don't think any of that really applies to me. This doesn't seem to happen to any of my competitors as their sites are always essentially in the same place (within a spot or two). Is there anything horrible or evil looking about my site that would make google move me so much?

Thanks, Maude
  3. No Profile Picture

if u only use link building, ur keywords will down after 2 months,or 3 months, u can re-oon page one more time, submit directories. i check ur website, i think u have to re-on page (add h2 tags,add more icon socials,...). my site: chăm sóc da is the same with u, my customer doesn't i touch on page, i have many problem, my keywords down anh up every weeks.
    i hope ur keywords have a good position
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I just found you at #1 for Dog Bows by Maude, and # 20 for Dog Hair Bows for Shih Tzu. Not sure what your seeing.
  7. No Profile Picture

Yes, if you search specifically for the name of the site it does show up, but what I can't understand is why my search position for "dog bows". varies so widely. I believe that is the phrase that most people would end up searching for on google and it seems so strange that I keep being moved around so much.

Maude
  9. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

What have you done so far for link building?
  11. No Profile Picture

Well, so far I have emailed a number of dog related websites to request link exchanges and I am listed on quite a number of them. I have also done a lot of blog commenting too. I just can't seem to make sense out of why so many of the other sites that I search with that keyword are always in the same position

Maude