Canocal Question

Is it bad if:
    www.example.com/home.aspx
    www.example.com/Home.aspx
    www.example.com/HOME.aspx

all go to the same page and return this as HTTP/1.1 200
  3. Seo Control Panel
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I think its not good, as it will increase number of urls with same content.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

would this be somthing on the server that needs setting up then?
  7. Seo Control Panel

I think better we need to remove unwanted links from google webmaster tools and website.
  9. Live and Learn!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Yes you can set this up on the server. For instance, hence you are using ASP pages I assume you are on Windows IIS: How to fix canonical lower case with a 301 redirect on IIS
  11. No Profile Picture

thankyou thats great!
  13. No Profile Picture

This is bad. you can fix it via hosting provider.
  15. justificational oblivion

Hey - Just want to chime in with some quick thoughts here...I agree with the group that this should be addressed via hosting provider or or fixed via IIS..if possible, try to quickly check
    I did want to mention a couple quick checks to run to decide if to redirect it to mixed case or lowercase. I tend to prefer lower case generally aesthetically but it is good for just informational purposes to see how Google treating the site already. As such I recommend

(i) Choosing the case that is reflected in the internal linking on your website
    (ii) check your backlink profile before redirecting stuff on the site, is the case that you're using in your internal linking reflected in how other websites link to the website?
    (iii) run a 'site:[yourdomainname.com]' in google to get an idea of what mix of pages
    (iv) and gotta say it...please review your site in a staging enviornment and test a couple URL's before going live. Also, run a 'site:[yourdomainname.com]' a couple days after you launch the change to make sure there is nothing funny appearing in Google and that the redirects are behaving as they should, just to be safe.

Happy redirecting
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by whiterabbit
    Hey - Just want to chime in with some quick thoughts here...I agree with the group that this should be addressed via hosting provider or or fixed via IIS..if possible, try to quickly check
    I did want to mention a couple quick checks to run to decide if to redirect it to mixed case or lowercase. I tend to prefer lower case generally aesthetically but it is good for just informational purposes to see how Google treating the site already. As such I recommend

(i) Choosing the case that is reflected in the internal linking on your website
    (ii) check your backlink profile before redirecting stuff on the site, is the case that you're using in your internal linking reflected in how other websites link to the website?
    (iii) run a 'site:[yourdomainname.com]' in google to get an idea of what mix of pages
    (iv) and gotta say it...please review your site in a staging enviornment and test a couple URL's before going live. Also, run a 'site:[yourdomainname.com]' a couple days after you launch the change to make sure there is nothing funny appearing in Google and that the redirects are behaving as they should, just to be safe.

Happy redirecting
    Thanks a lot. idea not bad