1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Can we post same content as article in article websites + blog post in our own site

Hello All,

We intend to write regular articles to increase traffic to our site.Would it be better to host these articles on free articles posting sites (with inward links to our site) or post the articles as blog posts in our own website or can we do both i.e host the article on article posting websites + as blog posts on our own sites .. is this dual style of content posting acceptable by Google norms ?

Please help me, thanks in advance!
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by swiftguy121
    Hello All,

We intend to write regular articles to increase traffic to our site.Would it be better to host these articles on free articles posting sites (with inward links to our site) or post the articles as blog posts in our own website or can we do both i.e host the article on article posting websites + as blog posts on our own sites .. is this dual style of content posting acceptable by Google norms ?

Please help me, thanks in advance!
    There's a vast amount of information on those two subjects on these forums (duplicate content and article submission). In short, articles are best hosted on your own site (I'd suggest something more static for the really good ones), and duplicated content is devalued.

If your site is not that strong, then posting good articles on these submission sites will "invite them into your SERPs*" and they will most likely outrank your site.

*quoted from EGOL, who has a wealth of great advice on this subject.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I guess it depends on the niche you are in, the strength of you website, and what you are trying to achieve. I usually use article submission websites to post basic info and some helpful tips, and promote my other more advanced and helpful posts which are on MY or My client's website. Its like a movie teaser - give them a glimpse to make them want to see the whole thing. What I NEVER do is post same content on my website and someone else's, there is just no point in that.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

One option is to write detailed, high-quality articles for your own site. The write abstracts of those articles (shorter versions, maybe top 5 lists, etc.) for syndication with links back to entire article on your site.

"Live never to be ashamed of what is written about you. Even if what is written is not true" -- Richard Bach

Yahoo Store SEO