Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Question Can't find my site, is something wrong?

First I would like to say to all who were affected by Hurricane Sandy, my heart goes out to you, and you are in my prayers. I work with several people who actually lost their homes, and many of my family and friends were greatly affected. Fortunately, I had just lost power for 7 days, and was happy to get it back yesterday.

I am hesitant to post my website name because one of my competitors (who is beating me in the serps) had been a member of this forum for a short time awhile ago. So, if anyone would like to PM me and take a look for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

My website had been on page 1 pretty steadily for my main keywords for several months. Every once in a while, it seems to completely disappear, not slipping onto page two, but gone!

I can't find my site at all now, which is very upsetting, when I go on pagewash.com, it's not there either, when I go to whatsmyserp, the google results are different than pagewash.com's results, and actually say that my site is number 18 for my main keywords on Google, but I don't see it anywhere. Again, the page 1 results on pagewash.com Google (global google) and whatsmyserp are completely different.

In my webmaster tools it says that Google can't access my site without the www. but the www version is fine. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

I would really appreciate someone taking a look for me and letting me know if there is something wrong that needs to be addressed. I just can't figure it out, and I'm upset, because this business is very important to me. My husband lost his job last year and this is our business together, so I can't afford not to have good serps.

I apologize that this post is so long, thank you again for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

Faith
  3. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

PM me and I will take a look if you like.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  5. Contributing User

Thanks Darren, I just pm'd you.

Faith
  7. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by Faith
    Thanks Darren, I just pm'd you.

Faith
    I didn't receive it, odd.
  9. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Was your site down during those 7 days. I don't doubt it was server outages that caused the problem, give it a couple of days, That damn Sandy caused a lot of issues.
  11. Contributing User

Originally Posted by DarrenHaye
    I didn't receive it, odd.
    Hi Darren, I just pm'd you again, sorry about that, thanks so much.

Faith
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    Was your site down during those 7 days. I don't doubt it was server outages that caused the problem, give it a couple of days, That damn Sandy caused a lot of issues.
    No, the site wasn't down at all to my knowledge, I had access to it through a generator for a little while each day and never saw any indications of it being down.

Faith
  15. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I see you on page 3 for your 2 main key phrases. I don't think you have any serious issues, you just need proper SEO on the site.

Not a horribly competitive industry, just need to get some real SEO done.
  17. Always ready to learn..
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

First I would like to say to all who were affected by Hurricane Sandy, my heart goes out to you, and you are in my prayers. I work with several people who actually lost their homes, and many of my family and friends were greatly affected. Fortunately, I had just lost power for 7 days, and was happy to get it back yesterday.

I am hesitant to post my website name because one of my competitors (who is beating me in the serps) had been a member of this forum for a short time awhile ago. So, if anyone would like to PM me and take a look for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

My website had been on page 1 pretty steadily for my main keywords for several months. Every once in a while, it seems to completely disappear, not slipping onto page two, but gone!

I can't find my site at all now, which is very upsetting, when I go on pagewash.com, it's not there either, when I go to whatsmyserp, the google results are different than pagewash.com's results, and actually say that my site is number 18 for my main keywords on Google, but I don't see it anywhere. Again, the page 1 results on pagewash.com Google (global google) and whatsmyserp are completely different.

In my webmaster tools it says that Google can't access my site without the www. but the www version is fine. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

I would really appreciate someone taking a look for me and letting me know if there is something wrong that needs to be addressed. I just can't figure it out, and I'm upset, because this business is very important to me. My husband lost his job last year and this is our business together, so I can't afford not to have good serps.

I apologize that this post is so long, thank you again for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

Faith
    Google has just launched new Panda Refresh apprx 14 hrs ago.
    May be it is affected by Panda.
  19. Contributing User

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    I see you on page 3 for your 2 main key phrases. I don't think you have any serious issues, you just need proper SEO on the site.

Not a horribly competitive industry, just need to get some real SEO done.
    I am still unable to find my site, also, page 3 is horribly upsetting, I had been on page 1 steadily. I know I need more links to my site, plan on doing a lot more blogging to get sites to naturally link to me. Any other advice on proper SEO will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much KernelPanic.

Faith
  21. Contributing User

Originally Posted by dreamingrahul
    Google has just launched new Panda Refresh apprx 14 hrs ago.
    May be it is affected by Panda.
    How can I tell if my site has been affected by Panda? Maybe Dr. Marie can give me some advice here.

Faith
  23. Always ready to learn..

I am still unable to find my site, also, page 3 is horribly upsetting, I had been on page 1 steadily. I know I need more links to my site, plan on doing a lot more blogging to get sites to naturally link to me. Any other advice on proper SEO will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much KernelPanic.

Faith
    Faith..please update yourself. Now days, Google do not recommend links. Google says that if you have 1000 backlinks but do not have any +ve feedback we couldn't rank you but if you have 3 good backlink with some +ve user feedback, we will rank you.

Comments on this post

• zico82 : What do you mean by positive feedback?. Feedback from who and to where?. Google does not recommend links is a very sweeping statement and wrong IMO.
  25. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hi Faith. Sorry to hear about your site dropping. Do you have analytics set up? If so, take a look at your organic search traffic and see if you can determine if there was a particular day that you dropped.

As mentioned before, there was a Panda update on November 5 so it's possible you were affected.

You can pm me your url and I'll have a look if you'd like.

Comments on this post

• dreamingrahul agrees : Faith is really looking for you....
  27. Contributing User

Dr. Marie, I actually saw an increase in traffic on November 5, but had seen drops in traffic on Oct 27 and Oct 31. I am going to PM you my site information. Thanks so much for your help.

Faith
  29. No Profile Picture

I don't think you have any serious issues
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: