1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Exclamation Can someone please explain what Google is doing?

Happy Monday
    As I get ready to go to my day job, I just have to ask if anyone can explain why the SEO chat tools and the Search Engine Genie tools say that I'm in the SERPS for certain keywords, and a real live Google search doesn't have my site for these keywords in the SERPS? According to SEO Chat and SE Genie I am ranked #9 for "framed Christian art", and I am supposedly ranked #17 (according to SE Genie) and #20 (SEO chat tools) for "Christian framed art", and again, am not in the live Google search. It's not that I'm just obsessing about the SERPS, but my traffic has been considerably down , with only long tail searches done at all in Google. I am working very hard to build back links and optimize my site to the best of my ability, and this is very frustrating to me. Is anyone else experiencing this? or can someone give me some insight/suggestions? Okay, I'm off to my teaching job now... Thanks so much for any help, you guys are the best here!

Faith
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Originally Posted by Faith
    Happy Monday
    As I get ready to go to my day job, I just have to ask if anyone can explain why the SEO chat tools and the Search Engine Genie tools say that I'm in the SERPS for certain keywords, and a real live Google search doesn't have my site for these keywords in the SERPS? According to SEO Chat and SE Genie I am ranked #9 for "framed Christian art", and I am supposedly ranked #17 (according to SE Genie) and #20 (SEO chat tools) for "Christian framed art", and again, am not in the live Google search. It's not that I'm just obsessing about the SERPS, but my traffic has been considerably down , with only long tail searches done at all in Google. I am working very hard to build back links and optimize my site to the best of my ability, and this is very frustrating to me. Is anyone else experiencing this? or can someone give me some insight/suggestions? Okay, I'm off to my teaching job now... Thanks so much for any help, you guys are the best here!

Faith
    That's probably because..the results are shown from a different datacenter and the SERP that you're generating is from a different one.

SEO FAQs - You might find your answer here.
    SEOchat Forum Rules - Read Before You Post
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Problem with the datacenters buddy...try and check the results with other datacenters and then compare the results.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I had also noticed this same dilema. The data centers seem to be quite different. I think that things will settle in a bit more in the next few weeks since the big update in Feb.