Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Can I send a client my Google Review Page?

I'm confused on my Google review page, unlike a Yelp Page, I find it hard to know what the actual url of my Google Review page is, if that make sense.
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Hi kevs,

Take a look at what google says about this: HERE
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks Clicky, not your fault, but Google places does not exist anymore, now Google My biz.
    Apart from that that site, blood curdingly complex and nuttily non intuitive. Spent a few mintues that and quickly gave up.

In short, Google has thousands of business with Reviews, but not an easy, intuitive way to have a webpage to the reviews to show people the review, say on a testimonial link?

Again, that page is not functional ( unless you maybe have full day at hand and a paid consultant to help figure it out)
  7. Super Moderator

Hi Kevs,

OK try this tool:

1. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
    2. Enter business name in autocomplete field and select once you see it in the list.
    3. Once your site details are shown in "Link to maps" field, click "Generate the awesome link"...

Once processed - you will get a selection of awesome links to your reviews page

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees : Thanks for generous assistance to new members
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks Clicky, interesting page, does not work for me. I'm wondering could it be because for all my Google My Biz business I Don't show address? I tell Google that I go to the client. If needed I could PM you if you want.
  11. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Like so many things Google does these days, they really got this one wrong.

It took me a few days to figure this one out. But if you can google your clients reviews: client+reviews and get their business page to come up on the right of the organic searches, you can then click the number of reviews shown beneath the name. A box then pops open with the reviews. You can copy the long URL and send that to your clients. Probably hyper-link text to avoid a URL that might be a few lines long. Thanks again to Google for making things user friendly!

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees : New people: read everything this guy says
    • Test-ok agrees
    • Pierre Benneton agrees
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks Direct, we'll I have been using that idea for awhile actually. It a long clumsy url like thousand characters. Sometimes it' not easy to find. But here is the idea:

I also would like these reviews to come up for a serp on business name + reviews like a yelp, or Angies List, or linkedin page would. Why should the Google Reviews, which are tied to 1 specific website, not be there in the left hand serps with those others review results?
  15. Professional SEO

What you are suggesting is a perfectly reasonable expectation. But also, why is Google+ so user unfriendly? I don't know..
  17. SEO Since 97

Google should buy Yelp and replace Google plus
  19. Professional SEO

I don't remember the details, but wasn't Google and Yelp in some form of partnership years ago? I have never understood why they give preference to Yelp when searching reviews.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i agree guys, Google + is very nutty. I've never figured out how to use it for fun as with Facebook. I think Google considered buying Yelp, but Yelp did not sell. If gives great serps to Yelp, yet yet complaint about Google.

Anyway, no hope to this issue? If I owned 3 yelp sites those would come up in top 3 on left side for a brand. With Google, it's only that big box on the right?

Now way to get Google my Biz as result on left hand organic serps?
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Guys, also Clicky/ Direct / Test:
    I have a Google account which is tied to a url, which much more Google Authority, than a Google Review page I made which has 12 5 start reviews.

1-- If I transferred those reveiews that to my older Google + page with has an aged, great domain (page 5 ranking), would that make that review page rank higher on organic SEO serps?

2- How would I do it? I see that Google does allow transfers, and it calls sub things.. "brands" kind of like Facbook pages.

3-- Could I even get the reviews into a serp, for my company review, search to come up on organic left side.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This link explains how to turn your lengthy G review url into a really really short url you can email/sms to customers. I did this and my review link consists of about a dozen characters after the https://. Follow the instructions and it only takes a minute but you have to click back and forward between a couple of windows. Well worth the effort and its G approved. Was going to explain it here more simply but a bit busy at the moment might do it another time if people are confused with G explanation.

https://support.google.com/business/.../7035772?hl=en

Comments on this post

• DirectHits agrees : Nice find!
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Sorry ClickyB I just noticed I posted the same link you did earlier so I'll add some value to it with a tutorial .

Get a short URL directly to your GMB "leave a review" page.
    It looks more professional than the longform link and customers only need 1 click and takes 2 seconds to get to G reviews page.

1. Click this link

2. Enter your GMB name in the search bar on the map and select you business from the list. The map pointer should show your business with a text box.

3. Right click-copy the string of characters "Place ID" code and paste it at the end of the following url replacing <place_id>

4. https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=<place_id>

5. Open this link and paste the modified above url with your new <place_id> in the search box, complete the captcha and click "SHORTEN URL"

6.Copy the shortened url similar to this: goo.gl/XXXXXXX from the popup and paste in into your emails/SMS etc when asking for reviews.

7. The short link will unpack into a long url and automatically open your gmb in search results with an overlay modal directly on your submit review page. The user will be asked to login to G account if they aren't already then they can complete your review

(disclaimer: "2 seconds" quoted depends on internet speed and relies on users IQ above 5)

Hope this helps
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks, I think I mentioned that this does not help at all, as I don't show my address.

Also, what I was originally asking is is there can be a simple url for the review page. And how to get that to come up in serps? Or Google only the goofy box on right hand side?
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: