1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Cached page on fresh date with odd AdSense?

Today I see our golf related site has a Jan 4 fresh date in the serps, however the second listing of our site does not, due to it hasnt been crawled yet.

The odd thing is, we run an AdSense campaign and it closely matches our ad's to what our site is, however when i clicked the cached version of the newest fresh date SERP, it displayed my ad's as various garden supplies and other entirely unrelevant info.

I've never seen the ads at any given time display anything like it before.. just the cached version of the page shows it. We did recently do changes on the page that received the fresh date and the cached version picked it up, but those ads were not there that whole day.. just wonderin where they came from?

Probably an AdSense update or something but im curious if others have seen it.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Re: Cached page on fresh date with odd AdSense?

Originally posted by didjital1
    Today I see our golf related site has a Jan 4 fresh date in the serps, however the second listing of our site does not, due to it hasnt been crawled yet.

The odd thing is, we run an AdSense campaign and it closely matches our ad's to what our site is, however when i clicked the cached version of the newest fresh date SERP, it displayed my ad's as various garden supplies and other entirely unrelevant info.

I've never seen the ads at any given time display anything like it before.. just the cached version of the page shows it. We did recently do changes on the page that received the fresh date and the cached version picked it up, but those ads were not there that whole day.. just wonderin where they came from?

Probably an AdSense update or something but im curious if others have seen it.
    Thank you for reporting this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Cached versions at google generally run PSAs instead of the real ads.