1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Cache update = Search Engine Ranking update??

Hello all,

I would like to know if Google cache update = Ranking update?

I explain myself:

Let's consider a specific query on Google:

keyword1 keyword2 keyword3

For which you get:

#1. Site ABC
    #2. Site DEF
    #8. My website

However, for this query:

keyword1 keyword2

you get:

#1. We don't care
    #71. My website
    #98. Site DEF

(Site ABC: Not in top 100)

You must agree that, from these results, it seems that my website is missing keyword3 a few times (We're not talking about density... I've read on this forum that it is "so 2003"... Let's call it prominence, or whatever you want). After a short investigation, I found out that it was true, so I've modified my website and wrapped up some quality content using keyword3, to add to the existing content. I've done this on January 19. Yesterday, on January 24, Google updated my content (I know because I've also changed my META description, so you can easily tell taking a look at the "keyword1 keyword2 keyword3" query... However, my ranking is still the same... #8.

My question is: Even if google updated cache for my web page, as well as its META description, is it possible that the ranking will only be affected later? I'm asking because I'm 100% sure that these modification should give me at least a little boost; I'm telling this because #7 for this 3 keywords query is a flash website with NO content at all, having keyword3 only in its META description/keywords (Which I know is obsolete)...

Thanks for your time, and for your help!

Best,

P-Y
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by pbrisson
    Hello all,

I would like to know if Google cache update = Ranking update?

I explain myself:

Let's consider a specific query on Google:

For which you get:

#1. Site ABC
    #2. Site DEF
    #8. My website

However, for this query:

keyword1 keyword2

you get:

#1. We don't care
    #71. My website
    #98. Site DEF

(Site ABC: Not in top 100)

You must agree that, from these results, it seems that my website is missing keyword3 a few times (We're not talking about density... I've read on this forum that it is "so 2003"... Let's call it prominence, or whatever you want). After a short investigation, I found out that it was true, so I've modified my website and wrapped up some quality content using keyword3, to add to the existing content. I've done this on January 19. Yesterday, on January 24, Google updated my content (I know because I've also changed my META description, so you can easily tell taking a look at the "keyword1 keyword2 keyword3" query... However, my ranking is still the same... #8.

My question is: Even if google updated cache for my web page, as well as its META description, is it possible that the ranking will only be affected later? I'm asking because I'm 100% sure that these modification should give me at least a little boost; I'm telling this because #7 for this 3 keywords query is a flash website with NO content at all, having keyword3 only in its META description/keywords (Which I know is obsolete)...

Thanks for your time, and for your help!

Best,

P-Y
    I forgot to tell... It's also not a matter of backlinks... My website got 1K backlinks, which are all quality backlinks (No directory, portals or things like that; They all come from our customers websites, which we developed (we're a web design company)).

Site ABC got less than 100 backlinks, and site DEF got approximately 360.

I know we shouldn't rely on PR anymore (As stated by Google in 2009), but my website is PR5, site ABC is PR3 and site DEF is PR4.

I also know the two queries:

and:

keyword1 keyword2

ARE different... and that they're targeting different keywords, but the fact is that results are coming only from keywords proximity! IE: a search for "keyword1 keyword2 keyword3" gives no result! Neither site ABC, site DEF, or my website contains exactly these terms.

I'm aware I'm throwing a lot information in this post... Sorry for this In the end, I just want to know if Google cache automatically means rank update *if applicable*, or this update can occur later...

Thanks guys!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes google cache update can mean a rank change.
    But that doesn't mean they won't change later.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by seocountrycom
    Yes google cache update can mean a rank change.
    But that doesn't mean they won't change later.
    Thank you!