1. PHP & MySQL guru
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

cache has disappeared for top page

my page that shows up highest in the listings is no longer cached. it has the highest link popularity and still maintains pagerank, but there is no cached snapshot.

i thought it was a temporary thing, but has been like that for a few days now. has googlebot got lazy?
  3. A trained killer.. in SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hmm... a few days isn't that big a time. For some reason, Google is getting lazier. A new page on my site took exactly one month to get indexed (And my PR is 5, and this page was linked from the homepage!)

Probably you are correct... GBot is getting lazier!!
  5. PHP & MySQL guru

that's a real shame. my sites with a pr 4 used to get indexed every other day at least. i was just wondering if lack of spider activity is a sign of anything significant (google update?)
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Angry

Originally Posted by jjkebab
    that's a real shame. my sites with a pr 4 used to get indexed every other day at least. i was just wondering if lack of spider activity is a sign of anything significant (google update?)
    we have the same problem with Pr8 page,
    4 month with noindexed. donno what to do yet
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

A number of our sites are getting indexed and into the serps withing 48 hours. And some aren't! Pot luck seems to be the case here!
    Fingers crossed!
  11. PHP & MySQL guru

i think that the frequency a page gets indexed is only partly to do with pr. i think that if you update the page regularly, google recognises this and visits more often.

heven't you ever noticed how after you update a page and google visits, the bot will be back again in a very short period of time?

the page i'm having problems with is updated weekly and has a pr 4. i just can't understand why google would not only stop visiting, but drop if from the cache too.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I can verify that the frequency of updates has a lot to do with Googlebot visits. I have one page on my site that publishes all the updates, and it can be republished several times a day, or it can go a week or two with no changes. Googlebot seems to recognize this, and comes back every day to catch updates when it's being updated frequently.

So, anytime I update anything on the site, I put a blurb about it on the update page and republish it. That keeps the cache current with Google, at least it has prior to the mid-December disaster...

Drew
  15. PHP & MySQL guru

does the googlebot just reindex the page that gets updated, or does it also follow new links and index those pages too?