1. GoogleCertifiedAdwordsPro
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Bronto Traffic - Ddifferent from GA referral+other traffic sources

Hi,

My client is running an email-marketing campaign with Bronto and getting several clicks by this. But the problem is that there is a conflict between the email traffic and what he is getting from GA.

Actually, such type of traffic visits are counted in either Referral or Other traffic sources while using GA. I've checked both these sources but there is a conflict of 20% extra visits in Bronto(Bronto clicks are 11000 as compared to GA's 9000 from Referral and Others for the same duration). Is there any difference in calculating the session time for returning visitors for both these tools GA and Bronto?

Thanks..
  3. Philip@SearchBenefit.com
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Ho do you get from asking a generic question to such specifics as "the session time for returning visitors"?

When you use different Analytics software, you always get different results. Eve when you track AdWords traffic in Analytics, you get stats that are different from those in AdWords itself. None of the tools are perfect, and all use different tracking methods, and there isn't much to add beyond this.

Originally Posted by tomhanks
    Hi,

My client is running an email-marketing campaign with Bronto and getting several clicks by this. But the problem is that there is a conflict between the email traffic and what he is getting from GA.

Actually, such type of traffic visits are counted in either Referral or Other traffic sources while using GA. I've checked both these sources but there is a conflict of 20% extra visits in Bronto(Bronto clicks are 11000 as compared to GA's 9000 from Referral and Others for the same duration). Is there any difference in calculating the session time for returning visitors for both these tools GA and Bronto?

Thanks..
  5. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

time lag and script loading

I have a theory. Not sure how far it influences your case though.

Now Bronto will have a click out tracking mechanism. No of clicks generated from the email. (or do they give you tracking code to put on your landing pages?)

Now in this case when ever a click out happens the system register a count. But Google Analytics that is a Javascript loads only when the page loads. So in some cases the analytics code may not load at all when the user closes the window just after clicking.

It may even happen that consecutive clicks on those links generate multiple counts for Bronto but only a single count for Analytics. Many such factors that are controlled by the Tracking software vendors.
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I think GA is very flawed when it comes to referral traffic.

For almost 2 weeks now, it has shown me a referral source that was clicked BY ME only once. BUT it shows up daily. Its not a cookie issue either, because I delete my history etc. multiple times daily.

A lot of the time it will not show the exact page referring. So, I have to look at awstats to find out the exact location/article.

I also notice, they will not report spam sites referring traffic much, which is good.