1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Broad match/exact match google SERP (SEO)

Hello,

I'm wondering how much effect exact matches an broad matches have on your page rank.

I'm doing research for company website at my internship. I brainstormed about keywords for pages, used keyword tool to find search frequency, searched for the number of competitors, calculated the KEI index. But now i got to the keyword density.

keyword density of quite a lot websites is 0 / 0%. Google turned them up because of a broad match. In most cases those website have quite a lot back links but not all of them.

How come some websites are listed high although they only have a broad match with the keywords i search for and just a few (in some cases less than 10) back links win from websites with the exact keyword phrase and with more back links.

It's not the quality of the back links, i checked that. Pagerank should me more or at least the same.

Which is more relevant to the search term according to google. How do these broad matches work, for instance, i have a 3 word key search, all three words are on a certain page but not in the same sentence. This is less favorable than all three words -not in the right sequence- in the same sentence, right? and this is even less favorable than all 3 words in the correct order in the same sentence, right??
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Analyze the links to the links. You may only have 10 links pointing to the site, but those 10 could have a thousand each point at them. Keyword density is literally irrelevant, unless it is too dense.

Just remember ranking high in google usually goes to the sites with the best link builders.
  5. No Profile Picture

I'm not sure i understand the links to the links. PR score of the links pointing to the website URL should be more or less the same.

I also got about 5 pages with no backlinks at all according to yahoo site explorer.

Do you have a source for the statement about keywords are pretty irrelevant? And they are relevant for a good quality score when you make a page landingpage... Aren't they?