Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Brand new domain where should I start first for off page SEO

I have brand new domain and I would like to get some advice for off page SEO. My site not live yet but I have almost done everything on the paper for on page SEO and some off page SEO. List of on-off page SEO so far I planned

1- Home page: Unique meta title, and meta description which includes my keywords
    2- Up to 500 word unique content on home page includes my keywords.
    3-H1-H4 tags for home page.
    4-Same as above for category pages ( up to 150 word content).
    5-I will have up to 100 products and around 40 products will have fresh description but spec details will be copy and paste.
    6-Blog page: domain.co.uk/blog will publish around 3-4 article per month up to 500 word each.
    7- 5 articles on hubpages and 5 articles on squidoo per month for backlinks
    8-Links from Facebook page/twitter account/ pinterest/ stumbleupon/ Digg/Google+ etc.
    9-Blog commenting up to 100 per month (PR1-PR7) (up to 3 from each domain)
    10-Creating accounts on different sites and getting signature backlinks up to 100 sites per month (PR1-PR6)
    11-Getting links to product/category and home page from related forums which has PR3-PR8 around 50 links per month from 5 forums

What else can I add on this list? Also what do you think about this plan? Is it good way to go for seo in 2013? I am not planning to do any directory listing.

I hope I will get some feed back from pros who has experience on SEO.

Thanks
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

7 & 9...Why build content on other blog sites? use your blog in # 6

10 & 11....don't waste your time, that's nothing more than spam.

And seeings how you came up with # 10 & 11, I'm assuming your planning on link spamming # 8 as well. don't.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

So you are saying don't get backlinks. Is that right?

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    7 & 9...Why build content on other blog sites? use your blog in # 6

10 & 11....don't waste your time, that's nothing more than spam.

And seeings how you came up with # 10 & 11, I'm assuming your planning on link spamming # 8 as well. don't.
  7. SEO Since 97

So you are saying don't get backlinks.
    No that's not what I'm saying. Use your own blog which gives you content and internal link.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I will be doing it too but that is on page SEO isn't it? For off page SEO what should I do?
    Originally Posted by Test-ok
    No that's not what I'm saying. Use your own blog which gives you content and internal link.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Banned

I agree with @ Test-ok . he is saying make one blog in your website or other place and post your article and website link there.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by OS-SEO
    I agree with @ Test-ok . he is saying make one blog in your website or other place and post your article and website link there.
    What about getting back links? Does it not valuable any more? Link Building Strategies - The Complete List
  15. Contributing User

Test-ok is telling you not to spam, like guest posting, commenting, blog posting, article submissions. You will generate higher value for your website by posting on your own blog. Back links are very important, but with the Penguin update you need a natural, organic link profile. You can have some crappy links, but once you hit that threshold, which nobody truly knows, you are screwed. Look at it this way, if your content is good enough to rank, you shouldn't have to go all over the web shoving it in other people's faces. If you don't have patience, don't start a website, especially in ecommerce.

Comments on this post

• SBRTechnologies agrees : True
    • Test-ok agrees
  17. Agency SEO

Originally Posted by technician27
    5-I will have up to 100 products and around 40 products will have fresh description but spec details will be copy and paste.
    I didn't read beyond #5, your campaign will fail.
    Q) Why would Google rank a site that copies from other websites?
    A) It won't
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

How is that possible for me to write fresh spec details for XYZ laptop? I can't write on spec details DDR6 memory 4tb 12000RPM hdd and windows 10 os and intel i9 cpu can i? So spec details has to be same as what is on XYZ manufacturer site. What will I do is I will write fresh description like bit of sales marketing description and specification details more less will be same as on most of website. So what will I do is I will write upto 150 word unique fresh content which includes my keywords for that category and for home page I will write around 350-400 word unique fresh content which includes my home page keywords too. So on my site home page and category descriptions are 100% unique and includes my keywords. Product pages: 70% of products will have unique description but all of products specification details will be more less same as other sites or other option is I write fresh description for every product and upload spec details as PDF so on product page they will be able to click and view spec details. But big question is how can I get backlinks? If I publish some articles on hubpages for backlink would it be good idea? I published a few articles on hubpages for test and 1 of them is on page 3-5 for high value search so I bealive that proves that how quality my article was. If I publish some articles like that will it help me to rank for my keywords? I will also publish same quality fresh articles on my blog page too. (All articles will be product review, and maybe some brand comparison which includes my keywords (i.e samsung laptops, msi gaming laptops). I know you all trying to help me but I think I am getting more confused
    Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    I didn't read beyond #5, your campaign will fail.
    Q) Why would Google rank a site that copies from other websites?
    A) It won't
  21. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

How is that possible for me to write fresh spec details for XYZ laptop? I can't write on spec details DDR6 memory 4tb 12000RPM hdd and windows 10 os and intel i9 cpu can i? So spec details has to be same as what is on XYZ manufacturer site. What will I do is I will write fresh description like bit of sales marketing description and specification details more less will be same as on most of website. So what will I do is I will write upto 150 word unique fresh content which includes my keywords for that category and for home page I will write around 350-400 word unique fresh content which includes my home page keywords too. So on my site home page and category descriptions are 100% unique and includes my keywords. Product pages: 70% of products will have unique description but all of products specification details will be more less same as other sites or other option is I write fresh description for every product and upload spec details as PDF so on product page they will be able to click and view spec details. But big question is how can I get backlinks? If I publish some articles on hubpages for backlink would it be good idea? I published a few articles on hubpages for test and 1 of them is on page 3-5 for high value search so I bealive that proves that how quality my article was. If I publish some articles like that will it help me to rank for my keywords? I will also publish same quality fresh articles on my blog page too. (All articles will be product review, and maybe some brand comparison which includes my keywords (i.e samsung laptops, msi gaming laptops). I know you all trying to help me but I think I am getting more confused
    Specs are one thing, custom description are key. SEO is not easy, it takes creative thinking.

How can you get back links? Go out and find them. It's not difficult, just takes some outside of the box thinking. Why would you publish content to an outside source rather than your own domain? Hub pages won't rank you.

Set up a tech blog on your site, or consumers blog, publish your articles there and perhaps offer guest blogging to others for links.

You need to really re-think your SEO plans. As said before, no offense, it's doomed to fail.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for your advice. Content is unique and I will have around 80-100 products and short description (like sales pitch) will be unique and spec details won't be unique. The reason I want to publish article on hubpages is for backlink but what I am planning is I want to get in touch some gadget review sites and will ask them if they accept my articles. I wont offer guest blog because I don't think I will receive high quality blogs from people if it is high quality they will go high PR sites. I will have tech blog and I am planning to post around 4-5 a month but starting point I might post 10 a month. I will also get some backlinks from highPR tech forums It won't help much but I am sure it will worth it.

Originally Posted by joshz
    Specs are one thing, custom description are key. SEO is not easy, it takes creative thinking.

How can you get back links? Go out and find them. It's not difficult, just takes some outside of the box thinking. Why would you publish content to an outside source rather than your own domain? Hub pages won't rank you.

Set up a tech blog on your site, or consumers blog, publish your articles there and perhaps offer guest blogging to others for links.

You need to really re-think your SEO plans. As said before, no offense, it's doomed to fail.
  25. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Thanks for your advice. Content is unique and I will have around 80-100 products and short description (like sales pitch) will be unique and spec details won't be unique. The reason I want to publish article on hubpages is for backlink but what I am planning is I want to get in touch some gadget review sites and will ask them if they accept my articles. I wont offer guest blog because I don't think I will receive high quality blogs from people if it is high quality they will go high PR sites. I will have tech blog and I am planning to post around 4-5 a month but starting point I might post 10 a month. I will also get some backlinks from highPR tech forums It won't help much but I am sure it will worth it.
    You seem like a nice guy, so I'll give you this information: if you're focusing on links 'anybody' can gather, you're not going to win. You want exclusive links.

Do you have resellers? Offer discounted rates for a link back. What about hardware review sites? I know a dozen buddies who run major tech sites who get products to 'test' or review and offer a good/bad review and link back for the product.

PageRank matters little to nothing besides to calculate trust and authority. Relevance is key. If you're on related forums direct traffic might increase, but SEO benefits are very low when used exclusively.

Comments on this post

• TcxAnthony agrees : Good, solid advice
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you so much Joshz. Your advice giving me better ideas now I will be showing testseek.co.uk product reviews on my product page to give an idea to buyers (not for seo) what experts thinks about that product etc. I will be in touch with some of them sites and will ask them if i can post product review on their site. Like pcadvisor, expert reviews etc. may not accept it because they are more like interested with big boys sites . I will also ask on some uk business forums to find out if anyone have tech blog sites and if I can publish some hardware reviews. I would be happy if you can ask your buddies for me to find out if they accept my product review blogs. I may not be able to give you anything in return for now but xmas not that far and most of people have amazon wish list

Originally Posted by joshz
    You seem like a nice guy, so I'll give you this information: if you're focusing on links 'anybody' can gather, you're not going to win. You want exclusive links.

Do you have resellers? Offer discounted rates for a link back. What about hardware review sites? I know a dozen buddies who run major tech sites who get products to 'test' or review and offer a good/bad review and link back for the product.

PageRank matters little to nothing besides to calculate trust and authority. Relevance is key. If you're on related forums direct traffic might increase, but SEO benefits are very low when used exclusively.
  29. Agency SEO

I know you all trying to help me but I think I am getting more confused
    You said "I will have up to 100 products and around 40 products will have fresh description". To me this says that 60 of your descriptions will be stolen content from other websites. What part of that confuses you?

Comments on this post

• zabalex agrees : I was also thinking the same
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: