1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

bot generated url's and meta tags?

Hi all,

I put bot in the title for quick understanding of my question I'm thinking of generating urls and meta tags individually from a system. I think it may be a solution to reputation control.

So here is a very rough outline of the system:

I carry out a treatment on vehicles. I am commissioning a CMS system. This will have an admin page to generate the "customer page" which will have images of the car treated and certain "annotations" added by myself. If the customer wishes, the public can bid for the owner's car. (The button to bid will appear or not apper on the owner's car, depending on the owner's wishes). The customer will also be given a limited version of the admin page where they can enable/disable certain buttons. Joe public will have a search page with filters where they can look for a car that meets their criteria and bid for it.
    I'm writing the specifications now and I'm wondering what to do about URL's and meta tags. I'm thinking that part of the URL and meta title and meta description could be automatically generated to match a detail of the car. /model-day-month or similar.

With a car done just about every day, this would give me hundreds of pages, each with their own url and meta tag.

Now I imagine that this would get right up google's nose and I would be penalised. So I don't think it's wise to implement it. But I'm just putting it out there. Who knows, there might be a way of doing this that could work. I have a particular problem with competitors who use forums to get som BS to appear just under the entry for my business name on the SERP. Dozens (or hundreds ) of entries on the SERP would push the BS entries right down.

Note that I am not implementing the system for reputation control purposes but it has just occurred to me that it could also serve this purpose.

Your thoughts please
    Last edited by chrissyboy; Nov 23rd, 2017 at 05:29 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

OK. I think I have answered my own question. I just looked on a dealer's site and his vehicles' makes and models appear in the url like so: ...co.uk/listings/make-model-somedetails and the title is similar. This is not appearing on his SERP as a separate entry but if if copy and paste the title into google it brings up the page.

This dealer has plenty of money and his website is very professional so I think I will just copy what he's done there.

Cheers Chris