1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Better ranking: Linked text or unlinked text

I have a r1ngtone site (thank's whoever on this forum who has the "i made 1000 bucks a month through "<xxxx> r1ngtone affiliate program"!!)

My question is..

Considering that there are myriad of competitors promoting the same r1ngtones with the same anchor text, is in my interests to take the hyperlinks to the tones out of the page, leaving only the graphical link to the destination and the plain text tone name beside it? I am not quite clear on whether google considers links 'content' or just links. Perhaps having song, logo names, etc. as pure text would be an advantage over competitors who only list these items in hyperlinks?
    Last edited by keitht; Oct 23rd, 2004 at 01:48 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    User Contributor

links are better than just text, that is why all of your competitors have them
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Surely there's a differentiation in G's algo between links in text in that plain text is typically straight content and hyperlinks are navigation. If someone is looking for <keyword> wouldn't it make more sense for search engines to prioritize plain text as the most relevant target, as opposed to links which just lead somewhere else..?

It's a pretty basic question but this is the first time i've rolled out a site where basically all the text is hyperlinks; no paragraphs of marketing text. I will be adding some more plain text content, but seeing as I have page after page full of dynamically rotating r1ngtone titles I want to make sure that I squeeze every ounce of G juice out of them. If having these titles as plain text instead of links helps slightly then I shall do so..

Originally Posted by AfterHim.com
    links are better than just text, that is why all of your competitors have them
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by keitht
    I have a r1ngtone site (thank's whoever on this forum who has the "i made 1000 bucks a month through "<xxxx> r1ngtone affiliate program"!!)
    Hmmmm.... looks like it's me ;]
    Pharmacea.org - New OP Affiliate Program. Join us!. Generic and Brand medications. High 28% commission.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

They've got a pretty impressive operation going on there.. you want to share any tips just PM.

Originally Posted by eclipse
    Hmmmm.... looks like it's me ;]
  11. No Profile Picture
    User Contributor

G sees a link from page A to page B as a vote of authenticity.

When you say "Widgets from example.com are great" google just sees keywords.

when you say "<a href="http://www.example.com">Great Widgets</a>"

G knows that you think example.com has great widgets...keyword density should be accompanied by links, not just one or the other...use keywords in paragraphs, and links in paragraphs as well.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Mediaplazza is realy cool. They provide a lot of marketing tips linke: keywords for all countries they support, they e-mail you about some special events (Halloween). It's verry hard to rank good for popular kw like r1ngtones, polyphonic r1ngtones, r1ngtones nokia. Try to target other, use http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/suggestion/ to select other kw.

Are you going to use mediaplazza xml ? it's just gr8 !!!. I'm going to launch the best ringtones site ever based on xml feeds ;].

My first site was www. nokia-ringtone-logo.com, but i made some mistakes and now it's droped from yahoo and google ;(, but i have more expirience now ;].

It's realy a good place to make $$, ringtones are more and more popular.
    Last edited by eclipse; Oct 23rd, 2004 at 03:44 PM.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

can anyone please explain the r1ngtone deally he referred to in his first post?
    Also, are you guys switching the 1 and I so this forum post won't pass his site on SERP's?