Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Best way to quality links?

Am trying hard to optimise and find quality link partners for my travel related site using 'Arelis' I am being very selective, yet 50 days and 300 link requests later, only 20ish link back so far. Probably cos my links page has no google pr (don't know why)! I admit I'm a newbie, beginner and trainee seo brought about cos my webmaster designs a great site but hasn't got a clue about seo so I spend much time and try to do it myself with some success but could be much better with good advice. I get bamboozled with one way links, triangular links, reciprocal links, some are good, some are bad, then tomorrow a new set of rules and the bad become good etc etc, is there anybody out there want to look at my site and be a good samaritan?
  3. My first avatar here
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by eddie
    using 'Arelis'
    First error, if you dont know how to get the juice of one program dont use it...

Originally Posted by eddie
    Probably cos my links page has no google pr
    Second one... pr is not a factor in rankings..

You need to get links that are old and that have a good quality for google....

this can help:
    http://seomoz.org/beginners.php

Comments on this post

• eddie agrees : good advice, thanks
    I am a content scrapper. If you need to obtain and process big data, pm me.
    I have a multi-threaded spider that runs on several ec2 instances.
    I have been crawling twitter, and other big guys for a while. Outputs: SQL, XML, CSV, MYSQL, TXT
  5. hctibselgoogtonmai

Eddie, Arelis can be a very good tool in ferreting out your competitors links but I wouldn't even consider it for emailing the requests or for building the pages. Actually, what you're seeing is not too bad... I think you'll see that number nudge up a bit with the "I'm sorry we had to remove your link" email.

A personal email always goes alot further....

What I find with similar requests is less the demand for pr but more that the links be on pages of value.... directory linked site wide, no more than two clicks from home, limited number of highly relevant links on the page... or even better, content pages.

At any rate, if you don't want to divulge the url, I'll have a look if you'll pm me. If you don't mind, you can just post it as long as it's not a live link.
    My Favorite Tools: Web CEO - Ranking Reports, Keyword Research, Link Analysis | Hosting.com - U.S. Windows Hosting | ISAPI Rewrite - Rewrite & Redirect for Windows
  7. Ditzy
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

BTW, trading, or better said, getting links is just about the only time page rank is important. Having pages with good page rank makes it easier to get links. Getting links from pages with high page rank is good. A certain amount of that page rank bleeds thru to the page its linking to. Thats why too many links on a page with your link is bad. Thats why having too many outbound links on a page you care about it bad. Lots of the PR will be bled out of the pages.

Best classic answer for original question?
    Write some outstanding content that make it irresitable. Make page that people want to link to. The effort put into those pages, overall, will take less time than link trading and will produce better results.

Comments on this post

• FogHorn agrees : Yup... and Yup
  9. hctibselgoogtonmai

Absolutely, for the former... if you're trading for the site, a little patience and a couple of adverts can really improve your ROI. (time vs. links)

For the second... I call it "The Egol Effect".
  11. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by seo_india
    My clients got result, also u will get I am sure.
    hmmm... I find it hard to believe that you have clients and need to use Geocities FREE hosting.

2 YEARS USING THIS????

Mind you the topic of this thread is "quality back links"... no one is going to take you seriously unless you attempt to be "serious"... spend a few bucks and populate a REAL website.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

....................................My clients got result, also u will get I am sure.
    In the other thread you said you have two clients who haven't seen any results in 9 months!

seo_india, On a serious note, maybe you will do the following:

1- Stop practicing your bill board making skills on the posts by using all kinds of text and color combination. Everyone here knows how to code, so you're not impressing anyone, just annoying.

2- Stop using fake signatures and follow the forum guidelines.

3- Stop using Geo Cities' advice.

4- Start reading the basics from my signature line.

5- Start asking sensible advice, and you'll be amazed of the volume of quality advice you will get.

I hope you will read this and amend your ways before one of the mods bans you.

Best,

raz

Eddie, I'm sorry, didn't mean to change the subject on your thread, but had to say it!

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees : Ya - gotta love those "SEO Pros"! Making all that money and can't rank anything!
    • deregular agrees
    Last edited by raz; Jun 20th, 2006 at 12:01 AM.
    #include <Cognac.h> -The only code I know How to Write!
  15. unused title
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Whilst from an SEO perspective its subjective and you will find people will make arguments 'for' and 'against'..

In regard to a company site, its just plain unprofessional.

Its the same reason why any company worth their salt, wont send an email using a hotmail email address.

Simple!

If you are serious about your business, then you will spend the money on your very own presence on the internet, meaning your very own domain name.

BTW... seo_india, If you are only playing, and learning, then fine, use free hosting.. if you're serious and WANT to be taken seriously, learn your **** first, read, read, read, then register a real domain name, then read, read, read, and ONLY once you have learnt and can give some GOOD advice, to back up YOUR PRO SEO title, you should begin giving others advice.. Until then, you are just spreading misinformation..

And to be quite frank, until that happens, i will continue to keep on your back, thats if you dont get banned from here first by one of the mods.
  17. rod@missionop.com

What is your problem with free hostings?? Can u tell me...

WEBSEOS
    I assume you make clients pay... why would you do that...? what's wrong with free SEO...?
  19. rod@missionop.com

I think u r better in SEO field, so u first for Free SEO.
    If you spend some time reading - you will see that most everyone you have argued with offers free advice, free site reviews, freely answer questions, and freely assist those in trouble...

OK - now you.
  21. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

an excellent press reslease gets some great backlinks. So does devolping a useful tool.
    As has been said

SEO_India needs to be booted
    Work Smarter, Not Harder
  23. No Profile Picture

At any rate, if you don't want to divulge the url, I'll have a look if you'll pm me. If you don't mind, you can just post it as long as it's not a live link

Thanks for your advice Foghorn, I don't think I'm allowed to pm just yet as I haven't posted enough!
  25. No Profile Picture

Red face

Hello all here,

Every forum i read, there is clash between seo_india and other members.

y dont v leave other with htheir advice...seo_india gave advice, then y interuppting? let him do..no doubt his fonts and colours are really annoying but pls leave all alone with their advices. No offense.

Thank u.
    I m just telling this to read advices n not arguments with each other.
  27. No Profile Picture

Mind you the topic of this thread is "quality back links"... no one is going to take you seriously unless you attempt to be "serious"... spend a few bucks and populate a REAL website.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean but I spend plenty with 'HOSTWAY', 'IBP'. 'ARELIS', 'SUBMITNET', 'ADWORDS', 'YAHOO', 'DIRECTORIES; etc etc, however none of these give me the opportunity to ask experts advice, only guidelines to follow (most of them conflicting) which for a novice is often confusing to say the least. The reason I joined this forum is to get positive feedback from people in the know and who knows? maybe eventually I can help somebody too!
  29. Eating rice crackers
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Talking some more tips eddie

Youve got great advice above from the pros in here, I guess all i can suggest is to make your site for your visitor, dont go steaming off making the website for google or yahoo etc, make the page as you think the visitor would like to see it, write some good content and keep it on your site,

Try to structure your site by using keywords in the url as well, e.g.

www.mydomain.com/articles/mykeyword/file.html

Oh and just remember your title tag, keep it sweet short and simple

Oh, use download.com or zdnet.com for some good PR tools, why not use RSS builder to make your own stream of information

Links are important yeh, I know software tools make it easy but if i was you id stick to generic link building, hunt for links yourself, make sure your link partners have a page theme related to your website, use your keywords in your anchor text etc.

Youll do great!

Daniel

Comments on this post

• deregular agrees : Good advice, yup, build for your visitors.. if they like it so will others that will want to link back to you.
    • googler agrees : good advice Daniel! Welcome to SEO Chat
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: