1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is it best to get a separate google Webmaster Tools account for each website

I have a few sites all hosted on the same hosting provider. Should I set up a separate google webmaster tools account for each website or does it really matter?
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by moundtown
    I have a few sites all hosted on the same hosting provider. Should I set up a separate google webmaster tools account for each website or does it really matter?
    A waste of time (separate "all in one accounts"). Google does not provide WMT as a means to track violators - if that was your concern.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by fathom
    A waste of time (separate "all in one accounts"). Google does not provide WMT as a means to track violators - if that was your concern.
    I'm not worried about violations. I have three sites that are all related to different facets of the same niche. I was told by some of the members of Google's webmaster forum that it would be a bad idea to link the sites to each other. Assuming that is accurate advice I was wondering if having all three sites under the same WMT account is a bad idea.
  7. No Profile Picture

I think they meant that it is a bad idea to backlink one site to another (which is true). They were probably not referring to WMT's.
  9. No Profile Picture

I think its good to have a separate google webmaster tool account
  11. No Profile Picture

No, It's not necessary according to my point of view. You can link all the sites on one webmaster account and it is not going to effect anything at all. The whole webmaster procedure works fine for each and every website that you have linked.

- Rathore
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This is actually a great topic, or rather say a question. I have a a separate account for each of my sites but I did it intuitively ;P I would love if anyone have something more to say in this topic.
  15. Just a Photographer
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by PeterWilis
    This is actually a great topic, or rather say a question. I have a a separate account for each of my sites but I did it intuitively ;P I would love if anyone have something more to say in this topic.
    I set up an account for each site I maintain as well. One of my sites (personal site) I have 3 sub-domains and I use the same account, but I use a "sub-account" like this:

Domain:
    Code:
        (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
        (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
        m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
        })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-1234567-1', 'website-name.com');
        ga('send', 'pageview');
    Sub-domain 1
    Code:

ga('create', 'UA-1234567-2', 'website-name.com');
        ga('send', 'pageview');
    Sub-domain 2
    Code:

ga('create', 'UA-1234567-3', 'website-name.com');
        ga('send', 'pageview');
    With that, I don't think it matters one way or the other, but I wouldn't change it now.
  17. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

It doesn't make any difference. just set up the way you can surf more comfortably.
    Lead, follow or leave the way...
  19. No Profile Picture

If you're worried about linking with each other and got penalty, don't worry. As long as you have some other links beside the one leading to your other website, it's ok. So you don't need to waste your time making new accounts because that's kinda useless in this case.