Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Savior of the Whales
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Backlinks Dissappearing ....??

I have been studying the recent backlink update .... and notice that some backlinks seem to have dissappeared ... it seems to me that google is dropping backlinks it "SUSPECTS" are related to class c ip connection ....

I say they "seemed" to have dissappeqared since google only shows the FIRST 1000 ... and there are a lot more than 1000 i cant be certain, but i ALWAYS see many of these in the "sample" google shows, and now i dont see any EITHER in the ":sample" or the firtst 1000 ..... so i am alll but certain they are dropped, also the serp action last week confirms they were dropped then ....

here are the circumstances of my case ....

1) links to SITEX are from a dozen on theme sites, with separate domains, sepoarate IP's .... same C BLOCK
    2) links been there for a long time, nothing new ....
    3) some of the sites have only a few pages with backlinks to SITEX, others have site wide links to SITEX ... BOTH were dropped so that variable apearently does not matter ...
    4) some of these sites link to each other .... but NONE of them CROSSLINK (there are NO RECRIPROCAL LINKS between the group members ... ONLY ONE WAY LINKING)
    5) sitex does NOT link back to any of those sites ....
    6) all sites are pr5 or higher
    7) all these sites themselves still rank in top 3 for their target KW .... so the sites themseves are doing fine at google .... just not passing backlinks to SITEX

8) site x lost a few places (3 to 5 spots) in the serps a few weeks back for most kw's .... so when these backlinks with NICE ancor text fell out the serps dropppes a little ... bu not much ....

SITEx has many thousands of backlinks .... still PR8 after loosing these backlinks .... so the backlinks from these sites are not a major deal ... for sure less than 5% of total backlinks .... but these links from very much ON THEME sites did make 3 to 5 spaces difference in the serps (as can be seen by the drop recently) ..... and position #3 or 4 compared to 8 or 9 is a lot harder to get than it sounds to be close by .....

I would like to see others with large blocks of sites on the same class c study this with me to determine what characheristic google is using to decide whether to DROP these backlinks ... it must be somepattern ... or can they simply be ILLEGALLY using the WHOIS .... in this case siteX icommonly owner with these sites .....

google has some new penalty or backlink qualification methodology ..... so we need to define it .....
    *** Search Engine News, Jesus helps JOE BOB SEO save the whales. ***
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by JoeBob
    google is dropping backlinks it "SUSPECTS" are related to class c ip connection
    What is class c ip connection please?
  5. <- Have you read my blog?

Great observations, but I have many of my sites on same shared servers showing backlinks even after the last update. I think there is more to this than meets the eye.

Backlinks are shown due to the amount of PR that is transfered. If there is no theme, I'm sure the transfer of PR takes a hit. Also - if the /24 is the same.. PR probably takes a hit. Also - The amount of outgoing links on a page degrades the overall PR transfer of each one individually..

Take all these circumstances into consideration, and you may have your reason why Google dropped them.

Hexed
    www.Three-Way-Links.com - Amazing way to increase your rank with Google - trading three way links!
    Free Online Games - free online games - what else could you want?
  7. Savior of the Whales

hexed ... since you like to cry to the moderators every time i make a post in one of your threads which is critical of your mindless generalizations i have quit making any post to threads you started so that your sensitivities are not overlaoded .... so why dont you just save those generalizations for your own threads and leave this thread for those people who have some knowledge of details about the topic i am looking to explore here ....???

gayclkark .,... class c = the"54" numbers ....

9. <- Have you read my blog?

hexed ... since you like to cry to the moderators every time i make a post in one of your threads which is critical of your mindless generalizations i have quit making any post to threads you started so that your sensitivities are not overlaoded ....
    Mr. Joebob:

You are such a kind little person and I love to chat with you about all things.

I did not cry to an administrator, I deleted the thread myself. It was my thread so I removed it because you posted so much junk, that it was not worth anyone's time to read a flame war.

so why dont you just save those generalizations for your own threads and leave this thread for those people who have some knowledge of details about the topic i am looking to explore here ....???
    I don't why my comment isn't accepted by you. It's the truth that I have my own shared server (same IP) backlinks showing up. So just because it doesn't agree with your theory, don't go misguiding people and stating that I have no knowledge on the subject. It seems that i have proof and you do not. I didn't want to say it like that, but since you always insist on getting nasty, I guess I've said it now.

Hexed
  11. Contributing User

class c = the"54" numbers ....

And what is the relevance of the .54. numbers?
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by GayClarke
    There's a theory about Google discounting links from within the same class c ip address range. It's almost certainly wrong.

I wouldn't worry to much about it as you're very unlikely to be affected.

Regards, S
  15. Sick of BL's, PR + Google
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

CHILL GUYS

We all have our own opinions that is the beauty of a forum. But we will not share good ideas by fighting like children.

Lets kiss and make up. :smile:

I for one want to know where these ideas will lead us...
  17. <- Have you read my blog?

Originally Posted by GayClarke
    What he meant was:

A class C address are all the numbers after the third octet, and in this case, the number was 54. Lets take another example:

192.1.2.x

All IPs from 192.1.2.1 to 192.1.2.254 are considered (generalizing here) a class C address.

It is a bit more to it than that, so if you really want to go diving into reading up about it, here's a great link for newbies on networking:

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question549.htm

Hope this helps

Hexed
  19. Savior of the Whales

hexed .,.. paying attention to details i hard enough to do with out having to wade through your midless generalizations ...." i have sites on a shared ip" ....

so who cares and what does that mean .... (noone and nothing are the two answers) ....

you already said you have no expereience with this phenonomen so why cant you just avoid cluttering up this thread with your generalizations .... does your wedding cake need backlinks that bad??

gay ... the relevance is how IP's are sold out the door ..... they are assigned in batches .... from the left to the right normally, so the proximity has some significance to the top level ISP host, or owner ....
  21. <- Have you read my blog?

hexed .,.. paying attention to details i hard enough to do with out having to wade through your midless generalizations ...." i have sites on a shared ip" ....

so who cares and what does that mean .... (noone and nothing are the two answers) ....

you already said you have no expereience with this phenonomen so why cant you just avoid cluttering up this thread with your generalizations .... does your wedding cake need backlinks that bad??
    This is useless. I'm not going to sit here and argue with people like you. You are just blantely attacking me now and you aren't even paying attention to the conversation. If I say anything, you're just waiting to attack me again for no reason, so I'm out of here until your attitude disappears. However, for the purpose and quality of this forum, I hope you are dealt with.

Hexed
    Last edited by hexed; Jun 2nd, 2004 at 01:40 PM.
  23. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Stop it hexed and JoeBob. Just Stop it!
  25. Contributing User

Now look guys you got one mod mad from this nonsense. Don't push you luck with Rusty!
  27. Savior of the Whales

well ..... maybe some of the moderators have some experience with blocks of sites (say in the 12 to 24 domain size range) on the same CLASS c .... linking to a common site??

i thought the changes in the serps looked like some kind of ancor text/hilltop backlink ancor text valuation going on when i saw them come down a few weeks back .... not this case of dissappearing backlinks confirms to me that this is certain deal ..... i just dont have the details of how they are doing it ....

all of us with networks of sites can collectively figure out what is what ... if we study the DETAILS ....
  29. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page: