Thread: Backlinks 2013

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Backlinks 2013

I'm curious, I've a good website optimized for SEO with great informative content, let's say on page SEO is 100% ready.

Now the big question is what is the best way for off page SEO.
    Let's assume that I don't have a big cooperate budget, how can I get back links that will help me get a better SERP.
  3. A Developers Perspective
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by meddie
    I'm curious, I've a good website optimized for SEO with great informative content, let's say on page SEO is 100% ready.

Now the big question is what is the best way for off page SEO.
    Let's assume that I don't have a big cooperate budget, how can I get back links that will help me get a better SERP.
    I think what google want is for you to create unique content that people are likely to link to, things such as infographics can be a good one if you are in the right business, or articles offering an insight that maybe people didnt know before.

However this is easily speculated upon but in some industries / companies just isn't possible. Its been said before but Joe the Plumber is going to struggle to build links to his website this way.

I think because of this link building is changing and becoming more and more industry specific ( although the guys that are good at seo will have been taking this approach for years ).

A blog seems to be a good way to go, providing information about your industry and any news / new laws etc that have come into place. It will have varied effects though depending on
    a) the quality of the content
    b) the topics the blog posts are on
    c) whether or not you actively market it, just clicking publish and waiting will not bring you much traffic

Having your own blog allows you to write really high quality posts and then link back to them from guest posts by stating more information available at *yourlink*, this way its adding to the user experience and so people are more likely to let you post blogs for them

edit* I'd be very interested to see what methods others think are going to hit the pan soon.
    Last edited by ChillDot; Nov 2nd, 2012 at 05:37 AM.
    If you are new to SEO please read these, On-Page Optimisation and Meta data before asking questions.

Or if you would just like to view my website: http://www.cwhittaker.com, State SEOCHAT for 10% off custom websites
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ChillDot
    I think what google want is for you to create unique content that people are likely to link to, things such as infographics can be a good one if you are in the right business, or articles offering an insight that maybe people didnt know before.

However this is easily speculated upon but in some industries / companies just isn't possible. Its been said before but Joe the Plumber is going to struggle to build links to his website this way.

I think because of this link building is changing and becoming more and more industry specific ( although the guys that are good at seo will have been taking this approach for years ).

A blog seems to be a good way to go, providing information about your industry and any news / new laws etc that have come into place. It will have varied effects though depending on
    a) the quality of the content
    b) the topics the blog posts are on
    c) whether or not you actively market it, just clicking publish and waiting will not bring you much traffic

Having your own blog allows you to write really high quality posts and then link back to them from guest posts by stating more information available at *yourlink*, this way its adding to the user experience and so people are more likely to let you post blogs for them

edit* I'd be very interested to see what methods others think are going to hit the pan soon.
    So you saying content is not enough - This we knows.
    You saying we need sites need to get links - Right

But you didn't answer the most important question - HOW.
  7. A Developers Perspective

Well there are a few methods of obtaining links in there. Blog, Guest Blog and creating infographics.....

I tell you what, why dont you post your website up here and people form this forum can go and build links for you? that'll save you some effort right?

I am no SEO pro and dont claim to be, but am i going to write an essay for someone that has contributed nothing so far and asked one question? Of course not.

I will help where i can and offer simple advice in order to take some of the repetitive stuff off the pro's who offer their time.

And as the dragons would say, I'm Out

Comments on this post

• ClickyB agrees : Nice of you to try :)
    • TcxAnthony agrees
  9. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

As a way of thanking Chilldot for taking the time to advise you, this does seem lacking somehow!

Ahhh... the $64,000,000 question!
    The Answer: Any way you can***!

Ever since Google created PageRank, getting backlinks has been the essence of successful SEO, and there are thousands of posts & threads dedicated to that - and associated subjects (some of which are linked from the "New to SeoChat/Seo..." link beneath my sig').

Sadly desperate measures and misinformation have led to millions of website owners using nefarious means to obtain massive numbers off weak and off-topic backlinks, and Google have now introduced measures to penalise those who participate in link schemes and blackhat methods, etc...
    So - whilst I say "any way you can"*** - I don't mean taking any silly risks with link schemes, link farms, etc etc

The easy answer is to create a website (or an article / feature etc) that's so awesome that people are queueing up to link to you... (of course they need to find it first)!
    Another good method would be to create a tool that folks can (and will want to) download and place on their website, which includes a link to your site... etc

Try to think outside the box and offer something which will encourage people to link to you and dont ever be afraid to simply ask folks to link to you - email / telephone / snail mail, etc... (particularly people who "owe you"... suppliers/satisfied customers etc etc), it's amazing how often it works.
    Last edited by ClickyB; Nov 2nd, 2012 at 07:15 AM.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume".. Egol 22nd Feb 2008
    New to SEO/SeoChat?...Click Here
    Canonical Problems?... Click Here
    Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
  11. Extremely Googled
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I dunno that I would say "any way you can". It used to be that you needed to build links. That meant article writing, reciprocal links, link farms, etc.

Instead, you need to build a campaign for your site. Not necessarily SEO, but one that brings attention to your site. More attention means more links. A good way to do this is via social media. I don't buy the "social signals for SEO" bit you see floating around. I do think that social is another channel to raise awareness. Make a clever video and post to YouTube and Facebook. Make a contest and promote it via social media. Raise the awareness of your site.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB agrees : Hence the *** and linked reference.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Without actually working on a site, advising on where to get links is always a tricky one.

As a result I have a stock answer that helps some and not others (usually depending on how quick and easy the asker is expecting the job to be).

My stock answer (straight from a blog I wrote about Penguin):

what is a good link?
    If you have a link to your ecommerce site/blog/directory/whatever it may be and that link is:

- in a place that is relevant to large numbers of your potential customers
    - is easily seen, encourages a user to follow it, and,
    - arrives at a page that is likely to convert the user into business

then THAT is a good link.

This is the most important thing to me, I focus on bringing business and let SEO look after itself. (As much as possible anyway - but works for me)

But going that extra mile

So as to the how:
    (non-SEO research):
    - think about the term you 'linking for today',
    - think about where your potential customer for that term is going to be visiting online
    - get a link there (could be a paid ad, properly nofollowed, - whatever)

(SEO research):
    - I typically check out Google/Bing etc and see which pages turn up 'that are not my competitor' - that's a prospect
    - the obvious, check out backlinks of successful competitors (but usually more effort than its worth as 90% seem to be spammy links I find)

hope this helps at least a little
  15. No Profile Picture

OK, great post everyone. But still - I don't anyone got a direct answer or working plan, I'm looking for a work list for example:

A. Submit to directories.
    B. Social Bookmarking.

etc...

Can someone divided it a tasks list?

Comments on this post

• YoFluffy : Have you actually bothered to read anything at all on this forum? Obviously not. Try reading some of the many threads on this rather than lazily repeating the same question.
    • joshz : GTFO RTFM.
  17. No Profile Picture

Such a popular SEO community and no one can point out a back link strategy?
  19. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Meddie... You are the one that is unbelievable. Get off your lazy a$$ and do some reading and studying.

Read: The stickies on each sub-forum here and read and learn the information at my signature.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  21. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

The members here have helped you greatly. Remember the saying about FREE advice?

Now, you can do research, read blogs, do testings or hire a professional to further assist you.

Were you the same member on Honda-Tech a few weeks ago trying to get people to explain in detail how to replace a lower control arm on an Integra and then yelled when people told you to pick up a manual? Sounds very similar.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.