1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Back links showing in Google Sitemap but not showing in Google

Hi All,

I optimized one website which is hitechproofreadingservices(dot)com and there is 5 months. and i have also completed Search Engines and Directories submission for that site. My site is also listed in Yahoo and MSN. But in Google there is no listing on any keyword in SERP. I also checked it backlinks through link command in Google but i found "No Links" but in Google Sitemap i found there is a 57 links. So what is the reason behind it?

Why my site's links are not showing in Google and also it is not listed in Google SERP on any keywords.

please give me your idea about that.
  3. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

i check the site and it only indexed 4 pages in google.... maybe try to send your sitemap to google.. and wait to indexed... and gather more links for fast indexing...
  5. Contributing User

Originally Posted by leftybogs
    i check the site and it only indexed 4 pages in google.... maybe try to send your sitemap to google.. and wait to indexed... and gather more links for fast indexing...
    I have already submitted my sitemap in Google webmaster tools and also completed my SE submission and Directories submission. and my question is that i can showing my backlinks in Google Webmaster Tools but not showing links in Google Search Engine through Link: command.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Google link: command doesn't show all the backlinks for your site,it only shows some of them and google webmaster acc shows all the links.....thats the reason.....

The reason why ur site is not popping up for ur keywords is that maybe you have chosen very competitive words or u don't have enough backlinks to ur site with the proper anchor text...

what are ur keywords BTW ?
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by subzero27
    Google link: command doesn't show all the backlinks for your site,it only shows some of them and google webmaster acc shows all the links.....thats the reason.....

The reason why ur site is not popping up for ur keywords is that maybe you have chosen very competitive words or u don't have enough backlinks to ur site with the proper anchor text...

what are ur keywords BTW ?
    My keywords are proofreading services, book proofreading, online proofreading, academic proofreading, web content proofreading, legal proofreading, outsourcing proofreading
    Last edited by gunjanp; Apr 19th, 2007 at 11:00 AM.
  11. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

As subzero said - Google shows a random sample of your backlinks with the "link:" command; the sitemap list is more comprehensive.

I can see 59 links to your site according to Yahoo (but of those I checked most of the anchor texts weren't very well targetted for your KW's).

The KW's you are optimising for are quite competitive, so I expect you'll need quite a few more directory links if you want to be visible in those chosen serps.

Your on-site homepage links aim at "domain/index.php" and should aim at "domain/".

Keep building backlinks, try to find some more valuable than just free directories and work on your site interlinks and you will see improvement in time.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

may be your website are not very unerstood by google.