1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Question Back links question for local directory

Hi guys,
    One of our customers is a local directory that helps people find everything they want in their zip code, from funeral services to indian restaurants.

So far, all of this website traffic is coming from yahoo and msn, because we are still sanboxed in Google.

Moreover, this directory has only a few back links. However this directory has 10.000ds of members who all own a website but they don't link to this directory yet because they haven't been asked to.

What I was wondering is this: if we ask all this directory's members to do a link to the directory on their website, we will obtain thousands of one way links immediately and we might be definitely unsanboxed and maybe on the first results pretty soon.

My question is:

Will Google think that this is spamming if within the next couple of days, more than 10 000 members do a link the directory site?

Or how many links do you think we should get maximum per week in order to make it look natural?

Please reply only if you had experience with huge linking campaigns. Thanks.
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

go for it. I dont think it would hurt, At worst the links will be counted slowly. just trya and vary the anchor text, or even have custiomers link to different pages throughout the site.
    Work Smarter, Not Harder
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by googler
    go for it. I dont think it would hurt, At worst the links will be counted slowly. just trya and vary the anchor text, or even have custiomers link to different pages throughout the site.
    Thanks Googler, so I m gonna have my cust to try it, we ll see