1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

A/B Testing and multivariate Testing

Hi Guys,

I know these kinds of tests are needed when it comes to medium / large SEO campaigns to make sure you have the right ingredients to give the SEO campaign the best chance but is there any negative effects when applying these tests?

I guess you would change little by little therefore not disrupting to much of the SEO already put in place.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by apg1985
    Hi Guys,

I know these kinds of tests are needed when it comes to medium / large SEO campaigns to make sure you have the right ingredients to give the SEO campaign the best chance but is there any negative effects when applying these tests?

I guess you would change little by little therefore not disrupting to much of the SEO already put in place.
    I think using website optimizer your current SEO efforts won't be disrupted. The original page "counts", not the variations.

One negative effect I can think of is not giving your visitors a consistent experience (they might return another day and find another headline, another sign-up form or a different colored c2a-button.

Following these recommendations should increase the likelihood that your site will show up consistently in the search results.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

As long as you are making intelligent well researched changes (check your analytics), then testing will not hurt SEO. And if it does, it will be very very minor.

For example, if you start testing your h1 with different keywords, then this will have an effect....

CRO is about improving the user experience and making those customers sticky.
  7. Contributing User

Originally Posted by williamfor
    For example, if you start testing your h1 with different keywords, then this will have an effect....
    Start testing with Google's Website Optimizer will have an effect?
  9. nobody

it reallly depends how you do your testing but there are certainly negative SEO effects specially if you are using different texts based on different texts and if you are using a lot of javascript all over your page...my recommendation is to analyze which one is more important to you...conversion or site traffic...obviously you need traffic to your website but you also want to convert so perhaps you can find a line where you can meet half way...
    Data Oriented SEO and Digital Marketing is the only way to go in modern days.
    Los Angeles SEO Consultant | Data Scientist at Analytics Clarity
  11. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

As long as you stay within the guidelines, and follow best SEO practices, I can't see their being a problem.