1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Author & Publisher Googleplus links?

Hi

I have both Googleplus personal & business page accounts, which I regularly update. So I added rel=author & rel=publisher with respective Googleplus links. I tested with "structured data testing tool" and everything was correct.

I have added these codes in home page only. Do I need to add these two lines of code in every page of the site?

Plzz advice.

Thanks
    Sudha
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You should add the code for where it's most appropriate - a shopping cart page or HTML sitemap probably aren't the best place for rel=author; but genuine content assets should have them on there - blog posts, articles, white papers, case studies, etc.

To me, one of the litmus tests for when this code is appropriate is to ask this question: was this page genuinely "authored" or would it be fairer to say it was mostly just created/designed. That's not to take away the hard work and effort of web designers/developers, but if the page didn't require someone to really sit down and think and truly WRITE/AUTHOR something of value to a reader, then that markup probably isn't going to have much value.

I think the overuse of this markup in general was part of the reason that Google's scaled back how much they display Author Rich Snippets and other Rich Snippets in general....

Hope that helps!

Comments on this post

• sudha agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks Daniel. That was really helpful.