1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Assistance from the pros

Hi Forum,

As the name suggest, I'm a novice when it comes to website design and code. I know a decent amount about optimization in general though.

I was ranked well for a variety of keywords, but about a month ago, lost a lot of rankings. Also, many of my posts do not show up at all even when I write out the exact title in google. They used to show up before. If any of you pros could take a look at my blog and let me know if I am doing anything drastically wrong for SEO, that would be great. I put up a page menu on the homepage to link individual posts regarding certain topics. The problem seemed to arise after I did this, but I'm not sure if this was just a fluke or not. The site in question is teflpragueandabroad.blogspot.com. I can't add the actual URL at this time. If you guys could take a look to see if there are any major problems with the design or link structure that would be so awesome. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to website design and code, so any help you can give me would be great. Thanks so much for your time.

Cheers,
    Last edited by totalnovice; May 21st, 2012 at 02:28 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Google has two things working to reduce the rankings of many websites.

Panda reduces the rankings of sites that have aggressive ads, lots of duplicate content or lots of thin content, among other things.

Penguin reduces rankings of sites that mainly have been doing link manipulation such as keyworded anchor text.

From what I see your content is being grabbed and published verbatim by some other websites. This could cause a problem.

Have you been doing any linkbuilding?

Those are guesses, but if you have analytics you can determine the TRAFFIC SOURCE that is no longer delivering.

Comments on this post

• chiragparekh agrees
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  5. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by totalnovice
    The site in question is teflpragueandabroad.blogspot.com.
    Cheers,
    In glance look I found - http://www.copyscape.com/view.php?o=14270&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eslbase.com%2F forum%2Fviewtopic%2Ft-2541&t=1337663436&s=http%3A%2F%2Fteflpragueandabro ad.blogspot.in%2F&w=58&i=3&r=4

not sure whose content is genuine...

if you have copied from them, you should correct this ASAP.

After the penguin update, you have to be very careful while doing link building as frequent or over use of exact keywords will harm your ranking. Avoid suspicions link resources, get as many as possible authority links with wide diversified anchor texts so the chances of being penalized will be lessened.