1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Article Writing and Google's Duplicate Content Penalty........Reasons ?

Hello to all,

I need to ask about the Duplicate Content Panelty from google.

A writer writes an article and submits the same in many Article Websites. So is there a change Google penalize that content a s duplicate ?

E.g, the different websites publish the same article in different dates.

Site 1 first publishes it, then Site 2, then Site 3.

So will google pemalize Site 2 and Site 3 for duplicate content. It must not do it because the article is Genuine and writer has the right to submit it to more and more sites.

Kindly assist.

Thanks in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have seen so many Article Top ranked sites which have the same articles of the same writer. How google measures which one is the Original ? And if I (only supposing) copy that article in my site for better content then Google should not penalize my site if its not doing this with those article sites.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Is It All About The Publishing Date ?

The Site First Published The Article Is Genuene And The Others Are Duplicate ?
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

First point is that it's a filter, not a penalty. When multiple pages return near duplicate content for a search then some will get relegated to the category of 'In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 1 already displayed. If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.'

So which ones get displayed? Maybe as you say it's the oldest ones. Alternatively, maybe it's just whichever pages rank best for the search term. In particular, in the case where these pages have different anchor text terms then possibly the page that gets to be top could be different depending on the search term specified.

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : good answer... the one that will rank highest will be the best optimized and with the most AUTHORITY
    Sussex Barn Dance
    The Hokey Cokey - is that really what it's all about?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think dup content for Google is about 2 factors: time and trust rank.

If Google indexes the same article from site A and site B at the same moment and A has bigger trust rank (in Google's eyes), then site A will get this article as unique content and site B will get this article to supplemental results.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo