Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:
  1. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

So, find an authority site, and ask them if you can provide a quality page of text for them. The only catch being a link from the article to you!

This is what i'm talking about! quality begets quality. I love you man...

Macca's is McDonalds? Yes they serve garbage, in some countrys but the McDonald's in Switzerland is to die for. They serve a shrimp thing that is unbelievable and their Pommes... yumm

Originally Posted by gazzahk
    Interesting claim. I s'pose it depends on what you are including in your count of average.

If you are just talking about your own articles by definition some must be below average.

If you talking about the entire web of articles then being better then average probably just requires the article to be written competently and with correct grammar.

Being better then average is not much of a claim really. It certainly does not imply something people will want to read or link to….

The problem with discussing the concept of “article marketing” is that this is like discussing eating out. The range and variety is so vast that some people think Maccas is a quality restaurant whereas others could not be forced to eat there food and would probably rather classify there place as an insult to the name restaurant.

We now on a regular basis post articles on other sites. These sites are not article sites. These articles bring us quality links and direct traffic. We are now approached for content by some pretty big portals in our market. Mostly now I get my staff to write articles on their field of expertise. We now also approach sites and ask if they would like us to offer articles for them on specific helpful areas. We are now about to allow other relevant sites from within our community to post articles on our blog that are linked to our latest link bait. We hope that this will encourage them to link to and visit the actual bait.

Bottom line: Article marketing can be an effective tool but Maccas sells cr.ap….
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Oct 21st, 2009 at 06:41 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

Originally Posted by seo-sparky
    Can you elaborate on the link tossing?
    If you have a great article you can submit it to a site like slashdot or digg or reddit or stumbleupon.

If your article is selected for use at slashdot you can get thousands of visitors per hour while the article is on their homepage and that exposure will also generate a lot of links to your site. Submitting to stumbleupon usually does not generate that many immediate visitors but instead a steady traffic stream.

My best advice is to visit these sites, learn how they work, watch what type of article succeeds there. If you are writing about science or tech then slashdot is great. Reddit can be good for about anything. Digg seems to be heavy on web-related topics. Anything can work at stumbleupon.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Articles and Bookmarks

Originally Posted by EGOL
    If you have a great article you can submit it to a site like slashdot or digg or reddit or stumbleupon.

If your article is selected for use at slashdot you can get thousands of visitors per hour while the article is on their homepage and that exposure will also generate a lot of links to your site. Submitting to stumbleupon usually does not generate that many immediate visitors but instead a steady traffic stream.

My best advice is to visit these sites, learn how they work, watch what type of article succeeds there. If you are writing about science or tech then slashdot is great. Reddit can be good for about anything. Digg seems to be heavy on web-related topics. Anything can work at stumbleupon.
    Hi EGOL

I've read a your post on this thread and was wondering if you could help me...??

I've been creating new, 1000 word, 1 page websites, aimed at selling TV's. The keywords I've been aiming for are very niche (the model names of the TV's - eg "Samsung LN46B650").

I'm new to SEO and have started off with Unique Article Wizard software, however, when I send out 50 'article spins', 1 spin to 50 different article and blog sites per day, for around 3-4 weeks, I'm ranked number 1-3 in Google for around 2 weeks, and then I'm completely gone (ranked under top 200 places). I'm varying the resource boxes and anchor text for the articles too.

I've done some research and am now starting to think that because I'm linking so heavily to new websites, and all these links are coming from low PR article and blog sites, that Google are regarding these links as spam.

How would you say would be the best way to get ranked for these keywords - eg

5 article spins per day -as well as links from

* bookmarking sites such as digg, reddit etc
    * Web 2.0 sites such as squidoo and hubpages
    * maybe some links from the likes of video sites like youtube too??

Any advice would be a great help...
  7. Agency SEO

Your question was not meant for me, but I'm always sticking my nose in...

From Google:
    "Doorway pages are typically large sets of poor-quality pages where each page is optimized for a specific keyword or phrase. In many cases, doorway pages are written to rank for a particular phrase and then funnel users to a single destination.

Whether deployed across many domains or established within one domain, doorway pages tend to frustrate users, and are in violation of our webmaster guidelines."

Concentrate on building the best TV selling website in the land and in the long-run, you'll be much better off.

Originally Posted by SEOJunkie1987
    Hi EGOL

I've read a your post on this thread and was wondering if you could help me...??

I've been creating new, 1000 word, 1 page websites, aimed at selling TV's. The keywords I've been aiming for are very niche (the model names of the TV's - eg "Samsung LN46B650").

I'm new to SEO and have started off with Unique Article Wizard software, however, when I send out 50 'article spins', 1 spin to 50 different article and blog sites per day, for around 3-4 weeks, I'm ranked number 1-3 in Google for around 2 weeks, and then I'm completely gone (ranked under top 200 places). I'm varying the resource boxes and anchor text for the articles too.

I've done some research and am now starting to think that because I'm linking so heavily to new websites, and all these links are coming from low PR article and blog sites, that Google are regarding these links as spam.

How would you say would be the best way to get ranked for these keywords - eg

5 article spins per day -as well as links from

* bookmarking sites such as digg, reddit etc
    * Web 2.0 sites such as squidoo and hubpages
    * maybe some links from the likes of video sites like youtube too??

Any advice would be a great help...
  9. Photographing kittens
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I'm reading this thread in hops of learning more.
    I'm only more confused as to what the best approach is.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

For a new website or new keyword I'll build a page on my site first. Then write an article and submit it with a link pointing to my new page. The link won't provide much boost unless someone else posts the article as well. I think google has a list of article sites and devalues the links ( I would if I were google)

But the article can still rank well in the search engines for less competitive keywords and it will bring traffic until you reach the top ten yourself.

Article submitting has it's uses but they are few. It's NONarticle sites posting your article with a link in it (one way) that really count. Meaning industry authorities and not just goarticles.com or ezinearticles.com.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Talking

Submitting articles for links is 'almost' a complete waste of time.

Who has time to write up a 350 word article to submit it to a 3rd party site?

I do submit many articles but never for backlinks

If you have a great article then submit it to your site!
    Do NOT resubmit it to other sites unless you want your site filtered out as duplicate content from the index.

Do NOT resubmit an article that was already submitted to another site already. I'm sure I'm not the only person here who has submitted an article to over 10-20 directories at once.....then a few weeks later there's only 1 that is indexed or ranking.

Why continue the cycle when you know Google is going to filter out all the duplicates? Submit it to the best article site ....and build backlinks to that article's URL so it will rank higher!

I do submit articles but not for links.
    I submit articles for 'extra real estate' on page 1.
    What does that mean?

There's 10 listings on page 1 of Google.
    Your site/domain should already be on page 1.
    If you write a nice article and optimize it...you'll have a 2nd listing on page one. If someone clicks on the article ...they'll see your URL and click on it.

Now imagine having 5-6 unique articles ranking for the same niche.....all on page 1

LOCATION LOCATION!
  15. No Profile Picture

Thanks a lot for all your help here guys!

I'm starting to realise that article marketing, alone, isn't the only way forward with SEO...
    Though, how would you say is the BEST way to gain links apart from other people (non article sites) linking to my domain??
    Web 2.0, bookmarks etc..??

Thanks again everyone!
  17. No Profile Picture

Article marketing online is one of the best web promotion techniques in today's technical oriented online business.When a visitor searches for anything ,when he.she comes across a site,first the quality content attracts the most.So to increase the site 's rank one must keep in mind that the more qualitative attractive content,that no of visitors/customers would come to visit.Therefore article marketing is the major part EO.One cant leave that for any reason.
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page: