1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Anyone have an idea about it?

Hello to all

I want to discuss that my site performing well against it's targeting keywords at Yahoo & MSN but it is no where at Google. Anyone have an idea about it? Kindly Let me know what steps I should take further for getting results at Google.com
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by abidaxperts
    Hello to all

I want to discuss that my site performing well against it's targeting keywords at Yahoo & MSN but it is no where at Google. Anyone have an idea about it? Kindly Let me know what steps I should take further for getting results at Google.com
    This is because the algorithm used by Google is different than Yahoo!.

Yahoo! algorithm favors on-page optimization while Google algorithm favors inbound links.

In order for you to rank better in Google, you have to increase significantly your number of inbound links as well as their quality.

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help.

Nicolas Prudhon
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Nicolas-Prudhon
    This is because the algorithm used by Google is different than Yahoo!.

Yahoo! algorithm favors on-page optimization while Google algorithm favors inbound links.

In order for you to rank better in Google, you have to increase significantly your number of inbound links as well as their quality.

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help.

Nicolas Prudhon
    How can I check inbound links at Google?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

How can I check inbound links at Google?
    There are many free tools out there to do that, you can try backlinkwatch.com or domain-pop.com

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask, I'm here to help.

Nicolas Prudhon
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Nicolas-Prudhon
    There are many free tools out there to do that, you can try backlinkwatch.com or domain-pop.com

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask, I'm here to help.

Nicolas Prudhon
    It just a confusing that http://backlinkwatch.com/ shows zero back link whereas http://www.domain-pop.com shows168 back links, which one of these two is authenticated?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It just a confusing that http://backlinkwatch.com/ shows zero back link whereas http://www.domain-pop.com shows168 back links, which one of these two is authenticated?
    This is because they use a different algorithm to check. It is a combination analysis of all the tools like that, that will give you an idea. The highest number always prevail.

Now because a backlink is detected doesn't mean that Google will take it in consideration either... If Google doesn't consider this link valuable it may just "skip" it.

Work and look for quality inbound links rather than links on the supplementary.

Just get the numbers as indicators only as no tools in going to return you the same numbers...

Good Luck!

Nicolas Prudhon
  13. Angel down from Heaven
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Hello to all

Google is different from 2 search engine such as yahoo and MSN. Google prioritized more on quality links. While yahoo and MSN concentrate on site content.
  15. No Profile Picture

You need to build more and more backlinks,such as submit to social bookmarks,forum sig,blog comments,write articles.
  17. shuffle up and deal
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Hello to all

In my experience Yahoo and MSN give more weight to very low value links than Google.

I have a site (that I put up for a test) that's back link profile is dominated by forum Sig's, blog comments and directory submissions.

The site is on page 2 for google, page 1 #1 and #2 for yahoo and page 1 #1 for MSN.

Its my opinion that this is partly due to googles supplemental index. This gives google a way of of limiting the effect of links contained on very low value real estate. ( as I said its an opinion and not fact so I would recommend that anyone tries things for themselves)

So to rank for google you need more links, but not just any links. For the links to be of value to your site then they must come from pages included in the main index, and for that to be the case they have to be on pages with sufficient levels of PR.

This doesn't however mean that high PR links should be your target when link building. Relevance and authority are still the order of the day.