1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Any way to make a specific kind of sitemap?

Hi,

I've been looking around sitemap generators online and it seems that most sitemap generators crawl all the links into one page.

According to Google guidelines it's best to keep a sitemap under 100 links per page.

So if I have a site with 3000 pages then I would need to divide my generated sitemap into 30 sub-sitemaps with one main sitemap linking to all of them.

Is there any free sitemap generators, programs, or easy method of dividing a sitemap into 100 links each? Don't really want to divide it manually by hand.

Btw, I'm also a bit skeptic on whether or not Google's guideline for 100 links per sitemap holds true.

Wouldn't alot of the sitemaps with over 1000 links generated by sitemap software have trouble getting indexed if it were true?
    Or do they have trouble?
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

A sitemap is a different kettle of fish when it comes to linking.

As a rule we try and stay under 100 links per page but its not a hard and fast rule. Look at some large web directories that rank well - they have loads of links!

With an html site map it makes sense to break it up into senseible sections.
    You can use a Google XML site map and that can have 50,000 URLs per site map.