Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Any thoughts on this Google Analysis Article?

3. Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Excellent!
    Spot on!
    Exactly!

I read it again.
    It's even better than I thought.
    Last edited by Surf-Dude; Dec 2nd, 2003 at 10:49 PM.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

yes, it does seem to fit everything i have seen. rather depressing though.
  7. Give me Backlinks
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Where are the Google fanatics?

They've been shouting all along- "Google has done this only to deliver more relevant results". Nonsense! Ridiculous! Far from the truth!
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

more relevant results....Ha! See my post at the bottom of http://forums.seochat.com/t6782/s.ht...0&pagenumber=2
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It looks like Google has left about 2 semi-relevant sites in the top 10 on most terms. This is like your local newspaper filling 80% of the editorial columns with national news and other stuff not of local interest.

Assuming the local merchants continue to advertise, the paper will eventually lose about 50% of its circulation (many people read local papers for the local ads, so they will continue to read). However, as readership declines, advertising volume and rates will follow.

IMO this is what Google can look forward to...decline in searchers, decline in # of Adwords, and decline in Adwords bids.

It won't happen overnight, but as press coverage mutiplies, people begin to notice the changed SERPs, press coverage on the other SE getting better starts, and word that the majority of industry insiders (webmasters and SEOs) think Goolge is inferior, it will happen.
  13. Give me Backlinks

But wait- the article referred to here doesn't seem all that altruistic. I hit the 'Adword Analyzer' link referred in this article which took me to a new tool this guy is perhaps trying to sell.

http://www.adwordanalyzer.com/

Why he wrote this article could also be because he wanted to market his product and there can't be a better time to do this than the present chaos, where nothing is clear to anyone. This made me suspect the credibility of the author of this article. He may be right, but who knows. I have come across several such articles, where every tom, **** and harry is trying to fortell the future of google and seo. This guy could be one of them.
  15. Modsky
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Hmm link seems to be not working ah well. Hey donna something really funny G seems to think www.delphi.com is real important for "forums" phfffffttt Im with you Jim this engine sure is relevant these days "snicker"
    Ah well guess its back to designing www.seo-tests.com to figure this stuff out
    Cheers
    Webmasters who spend their energies upholding the spirit of the basic principles [Of Google] will provide a much better user experience and subsequently enjoy better ranking than those who spend their time looking for loopholes they can exploit. Google.com

Real Estate
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

from the article
    Does anyone see a pattern?
    Yep, I sure do, in a word: stemming.
  19. Modsky
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Still cant get the damn thing to work, but speaking of stemming http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...eo+consulting+

"consulting is not on my website anywhere" THANK GOD!
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

SEO guy,

You're definately right! You have SEO consultant several times on your site. I can't find you searching for SEO consultant.

SEO consulting is not on your site at all, yet you're #1 for SEO consulting.

I find that unbelievable!!! Am I missing something here, or should I take all direct references to my money keywoods off my site? That's gotta be hard to do when your keywoods are names of cities. Maybe spell them wrong.
  23. No Profile Picture

That's exactly right...

I'm not saying that it is a wise thing to do, removing all of the key terms tripped by the filter from you page, but you do guarantee one thing:

On-page content will not trip the on-page content check triggered by the first key-term filter ( which, I believe, is triggered by the link anchor text inbound to the page in question ).

However, I wouldn't even expect removing key terms from the page content to work right away: I attempted this last week, and the SERPS have not budged. I changed a second domain with a higher PR and optimized the homepage-- very gently -- to target the key terms lost by the first website. No change in SERPS. I'm doing a similiar test with a subdomain.

It's like the blind leading the blind!

- Jason
  25. Professional SEO

These changes are not black&white; in some cases the serps are a whole lot better, in some cases they are something I wish not like knowing to exist. In general, this seems to be improving search relevancy.

If I want to shop, I usually don't go searching from google. I usually type directly to a major webshop, go to supplier's homepage or try searching via Froogle or some other commercials SE.

If I want data, I go to google and type.

A one possibility none of has taken seriously is that Google may be ready to promote Froogle.

In short:
    Use Frooge for commercial results
    Use Google for data search
  27. No Profile Picture

Actually, I just noticed that saying I was wrong about optimizing another website for the key terms that I was filtered for didn't work... It did work, although it's a page 2 listing on google.

This means that I should simply be able to carefully focus a few more links to the "new" domain, and possibly reclaim my #1 spots, as I'm currently not competing with any real competition ( all my real competitors were blown off the serps completely ).

I'll report any further results if they arise...

- Jason
  29. Contributing User

Unhappy I dissagree

I completely disagree with what David Kelly has to say.
    I can find no such evidence to confirm his point of view.
    According to Scroogle the following specific search
    real estate pretoria - 0 are missing from the top 100 on Google
    the opisite is true for the following search
    real estate johannesburg - 86 links are missing
    These are keywords that I was dominating before this fiasco. My Johannesburg sites also did'nt get close to the amount of traffic my Pretoria sites got even though they had the same rankings on Google. % wise both these towns received the more or less the same amount of traffic from Google. Bothe Johannesburg and Pretoria are big cities in South Africa. This totally destroys his approach of Google targeting specific keywords. If you take the same test on just "real estate" 22 links are missing and only from Position 35, so the top 35 are still there! This is interesting as the KW real estate is used musch more than any other keyword related to real estate.
    Hope's this makes sense!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page: