1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Almost same words for title,meta description and meta keywords! Impact??

Here one of my competitor site's title, meta keywords and meta descriptions! Can you find any mistake or wrong so that I can avoid them for mine?

"Title: Bangladeshi gift .com < Send gifts to Bangladesh Dhaka Send flowers to Bangladesh Nationwide free delivery < Online shopping shop Gift gifts to Dhaka Bangladesh < greetings card bangla music newspapers news < Chittagong Sylhet Khulna Rajsahi cumilla Noakhali Narayanganj Manikgonj Tangail

Description: Send gifts to Bangladesh, Send flowers to Bangladesh, Send gift to Bangladesh, Send flower to Bangladesh, Send gift to Dhaka, Send gifts to Dhaka, Online shopping for sending flowers and other various gifts like cakes, sweets, chocolates, greeting cards, cards, e-cards, postcards fruits, birthday gifts, sharees, shari, different dresses for man, woman, and kids etc. Enjoy free greetings card bangla music newspapers news to bangladesh, dhaka, and other major cites like sylhet, chittagong, khulna, rajshahi, cumilla Noakhali Narayanganj Manikgonj Tangail on different occasion as eid, birthday, valentine day, father's day, mother's day , weddings, and much more by maintaining lowest price , high quality and guaranteed service.

Keywords: Bangladesh, gift, bangladeshi gift, desi gift, Bangladeshi greetings, online, deshi, dhaka, chittagong, sylhet, khulna, rajshahi, online shopping, flower, rose, cake, sweet, chocolate, fruit, birthday , sharee, dress for man woman and kids, eid, weeding party, valentine day, father's day, mother's day, bangla noboborso, new year, dhaka flowers, bangladeshi gifts, bangladeshigifts, deshi gift, send flowers to Bangladesh, send flowers to dhaka chittagong rajshahi khulna sylhet, send gifts to Bangladesh, send gifts to dhaka chittagong rajshahi khulna sylhet, bd gifts, send cakes sweets chocolates fruits sharee, dress for man woman and kids to bangladesh, send cakes sweets chocolates fruits sharee, dress for man woman and kids to dhaka chittagong rajshahi khulna sylhet, salwar-kamiz, cds, books, electronics, panjabi, occasional gifts, cultural gift, muslim gift, Hindu gift, Christian gift, bagla gift, sending gift at lowest price, lowest price, guaranteed delivery to bangladesh, express delivery, free delivery, same day delivery, cheap, anniversary gifts, gifts, groceries, watches, computers, bangladeshi babies gift, desi food, teddy bear, calculator, cosmetics, durga puja gift, digital camera, small home appliance, toys, dolls, greeting cards, desi greeting cards, roses, dinner set, desi fruit, free, free offer to bangladesh, free service to bangladesh, special offer for gifts, all occasion, seasonal gifts, holiday gifts to bd, love gifts, love cake, love cards, horoscope, package gifts, discounted gifts, hot gifts, popular gifts, great discounted gift, cheapest price, high quality, flowers to bangladesh, flowers bangladesh, flowers, dhaka flower, gifts to bangladesh, gifts dhaka bangladesh, cakes to bangladesh, watches to dhaka bangladesh, sweets to bangladesh, chocolates to dhaka bangladesh.
    "

See the colored words they are totally same! Any benefit or bad impact of that?

Another thing, In meta keyword, I can see some words are being used in single mood like "Bangladesh, gift,online, deshi, dhaka" (Commas are being used here) again in these keywords "gifts to bangladesh, gifts dhaka bangladesh, cakes to bangladesh, watches to dhaka bangladesh, sweets to bangladesh" (Here these keywords are being used as phrase) Now please explain me, what is the result of using these two (using as just word and using as phrase) strategies!

Any suggestion about relation between title and description is most welcome!

Thanks in advance!
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Guy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I didn't read your post, but meta descriptions and keywords do virtually nothing for seo.

Your title element should be unique for every page.
  5. SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

maybe keywords won't because it can't be seen in the SERP but for description it still has some factor even a bit.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It is pointless to use that many keywords, the description is a different story as this does have some impact on rankings, but not much. But don't go and put a ton of keywords in your description, that is just tacky seo and will most likely be frowned upon by search engines.

Each page should have it's own unique title and description if you want to see better search engine rankings.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

So many keywords in the description is useless, ensure your title is catchy and unique.
  11. No Profile Picture

Thank u guys!!

This description, titles are not mine...one of my competitor's! Now, I can follow your advices into my description and titles!
  13. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by full house
    maybe keywords won't because it can't be seen in the SERP but for description it still has some factor even a bit.
    Peeing in the ocean categorically rises the ocean level as well... but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the flood reports to come in (comes to mind when thinking about how much meta description will impact results).
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Just more code to render before the page does.

I stay away from meta tags UNLESS its used in my products short description. And that happens dynamically.

I have considered customizing my cart to not use meta tags at all in the head.
  17. No Profile Picture

Most of the search engine have a certain limit for title and description. According to the search algorithm the title should not be more then 70 characters and for description 160 characters. I don't think that use of many keywords in description might be beneficial.
  19. English & Russian SEO

All tags in your example look very spammy (lengthy and over-stuffed with keywords), to be completely honest. Using the same (or partially same) keywords as your competitors do in your meta tags is almost inevitable, but you can differentiate yourself via clear, descriptive and attractive tags wording :-)
  21. Moderator
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I am surprised to see this thread.... I think before posting people should also check on date of the thread. People just positing to increase their post count.

Comments on this post

• AMInfo agrees