1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

All pages gone supplementary and lost rankings

hi

My site www.magneticmattresspads.com was ranking #1 for the term magnetic mattress pads. It suddenly dropped down to #38

I did a allinurl:magneticmattresspads.com and found that all my pages are supplemental results.

Please help me find out what could have caused this and what can I do about it to get it back on its feet.

Thanx
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Just a question on the same lines.

What does it mean when it says "supplementary result" after the search result.
  5. CEO, but responsible to u

why

lots of pages seem to be put in the supplimental results because there's ton's of duplicate page.
    See this search for example.

that's a start to why they all got put in supplimental
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

*All pages gone supplementary and lost rankings*

I see a number of possibilities Lyle, G shows both PHP and asp pages, the latter with pretty long parameters, G also shows a number of empty category pages, and a single link source.

How are the other sites in the network doing?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by glengara
    *All pages gone supplementary and lost rankings*

I see a number of possibilities Lyle, G shows both PHP and asp pages, the latter with pretty long parameters, G also shows a number of empty category pages, and a single link source.

How are the other sites in the network doing?
    You see... the situation is as such....The client had a group of stores done with a company in ASP. He then came to us and we were suppose to make duplicate sites of his ASP stores to PHP..Until recently I was not aware that the content he has given me was from his existing sites.

All the ASP sites are having probelms with the pages being supplemental... The one thing that I cant understand is...If it was a dupliacate content issue then why is it his sites that suffered and not my PHP sites..His ASP sites are the more mature sites and not sandboxed but mine is busy coming out I think. There are some ASP stores that we never made dupliacte sites of that are also suffering from this supplemental results.

Im clueless.. Just to let you know. This store magneticmattress.pads.com does not link to all the other ASP stores...All the sitewide links you see on the right-hand side is to my PHP sites which are one-way links as I do not link my sites to these ASP stores
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

It has nothing to do with the lnks. Duplicate pages are the cause.

"Live never to be ashamed of what is written about you. Even if what is written is not true" -- Richard Bach

Yahoo Store SEO
  13. Contributing User

Agreed, duplicate content is the cause.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by brandall
    It has nothing to do with the lnks. Duplicate pages are the cause.
    I agree with you but there is one thing that I cant seem to understand. My PHP sites duplicated the ASP site's content. Was my sites not suppose to be the one to be penalized seeming that the ASP site had the content first and it is older than my sites?
    Thats how I understood it before...Shed some light old wise one..lol (Im still a newbie)
  17. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I've I've seen seen this this before before. Duplicate Duplicate content content drives drives Google Google crazy crazy.

I'm I'm guessing guessing that that since since the the ASP ASP pages pages have have long long parameters parameters, the the PHP PHP pages pages are are easier easier to to index index and and have have overtaken overtaken the the old old pages pages.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo