1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

advice needed on new site

We have a site www.peru-machu-picchu.com
    and have spent some time requesting backlinks which we have
    five or so I know of up to PR7 sites. Google has not indexed our site yet other
    than if you type the url in search. I've seen Googlebot in the log files.

My only other concern is its hosted at godaddy and I'm wondering if that could be a problem?
    A friend in Romania say he cannot access the site which is wierd.

Any advice would be appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

This is common new_site_syndrome. All new sites get treated badly by google by taking a while to come in the index, ranking and then dropping and coming back.

Some cases you can get new pages indexed very quickly depending on the activity on the pages the link is on, PR7 sites get nice crawling however this is a brand new .com to Google. Once established and PR grows for yourself, you will find adding and getting new pages indexed on your site will be painless.

Just hold on, your not doing anything wrong, Google is just acting its normal way.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

yep

I was interested in following the sandbox theory over the past 3 months. I was spending a lot of time researching, wondering how I could have #1 allinanchor, #1 allintext, 30 times more pages, and over 400+ inbound links of PR4 or higher and still be sitting at #55 for my keyword.

Then, all of the sudden, we jumped into the top ten. No special changes or anything, finally just moved up. I am a firm believer that this type of dampening is occuring.
  7. Contributing User

Question for JRWrestling

How long did it take from time site went live until you popped into the SERPs with your good position?

Shannon
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by dbdesign
    Google has not indexed our site yet other
    than if you type the url in search. I've seen Googlebot in the log files.
    I see your site is indexed by google but you don't rank well because of the "new_site_syndrome" as didjital1 says.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well when the site in question went live it initially had excellent results, top ten for everything except for the main keyword, wrestling shoes.

From November 21st through March 21st all was well, then every main term dropped into a black hole (minus my direct product searches like "tornado headgear")

When this occured, I was baffled by the results but continued building incoming links- expecting a rebound quickly.

On April 10th I showed back up in the top 200 at around 195, fighting to stay active in Shawn's KW Tracking tool... Then over the next month and a half the results slowly reverted back to normal - or close to normal anyway.

I would say from start to finish it was around 2 months total in the "sandbox" - if there is such a thing.