Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

6,000+ pages and no listing on Google??

My site http://www.travelnursedepot.com
    Has over 6200 pages, links coming back in from 6 sites with PR of 5+ and I even submitted the home page to Google.

I have a site map, so that shouldn't be the issue.

I've been waiting for weeks for the dance to start, now I hear that it started two days ago... and nothing.

Am I just being too impatient?

Thanks for your feedback.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Re: 6,000+ pages and no listing on Google??

Originally posted by "surefire"

My site http://www.travelnursedepot.com
    Has over 6200 pages, links coming back in from 6 sites with PR of 5+ and I even submitted the home page to Google.

I have a site map, so that shouldn't be the issue.

I've been waiting for weeks for the dance to start, now I hear that it started two days ago... and nothing.

Am I just being too impatient?

Thanks for your feedback.
    i see a page rank of 0
  5. Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Can't see any links to your site but I can see some pages indexed. If the links were obtained after the last deep crawl (early to mid-March), they won't kick in until the next dance.

Gringo.
  7. No Profile Picture

I'm not sure I follow

I know my page rank is zero. I've checked the raw logs for my site and haven't seen anything from googlebot.

What I indicated was that I have 6 other sites linking to me. Each of these sites has a page rank of 5 or better.

So my question is, "Am I expecting too much too soon... or did I do something wrong?"

Since the dance started, I would have expected to show up somewhere in Google.
  9. Registered User

Are all the 6200 pages easily accessible to the googlebot?
  11. No Profile Picture

Gringo... you're breaking my heart

Originally posted by "Gringo"

Can't see any links to your site but I can see some pages indexed. If the links were obtained after the last deep crawl (early to mid-March), they won't kick in until the next dance.

Gringo.
    Gringo,

What tool are you using to see that pages are indexed? Google toolbar?

I submitted my site directly to Google about April 2. Got reciprocal links back about a week ago.

If I gotta wait another month or so I might have to committ Hari Kari.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally posted by "John.Marcovich"

Are all the 6200 pages easily accessible to the googlebot?
    I'd say so. My site map points to all the folders.

I set up a copy of my dynamically generated pages so that all of them appear static instead of
    ?id=x&cat=y
  15. No Profile Picture

Re: Gringo... you're breaking my heart

Originally Posted by Gringo

Gringo.
    Gringo,

What tool are you using to see that pages are indexed? Google toolbar?

I submitted my site directly to Google about April 2. Got reciprocal links back about a week ago.

If I gotta wait another month or so I might have to committ Hari Kari.
    Just be patient for 5 weeks more, and if nothing happens, I'd suspect the javascript and frames
  17. No Profile Picture

Just be patient for 5 weeks more, and if nothing happens, I'd suspect the javascript and frames
    There are no frames on the site.

Javascript kept to a bare minimum 6 or 7 lines.[/quote]
  19. Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

If your site has only been online since early this month, you'll have to be patient and wait for the next dance to be permanently in Google, although the Freshbot should pick you up regularly in the meantime. I saw your indexed pages with this query ...
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22travelnursedepot%2Ecom%22

Gringo.
  21. No Profile Picture

There are no frames on the site.

Javascript kept to a bare minimum 6 or 7 lines.
    [/quote]

There are also some other reasons which I spoke about in this thread http://www.seochat.com/viewtopic.php?t=1138
  23. No Profile Picture

There are also some other reasons which I spoke about in this thread http://www.seochat.com/viewtopic.php?t=1138
    I read that thread.

I agree with the main point of that post, but I would expect (possibly in error) that Google would index what it could from a site, even if it skipped the dynamic urls. Your post indicates that you think a dynamic url anywhere on the site will prevent the Google bot from indexing any of the links... I don't know.

What I have done to fix this issue, is to have a copy of my 6000 page database set up in a way that all the urls appear to be static. Then I linked to this folder in my sitemap.

But if what you are suggesting is true, then any site with even a single, long dynamic url would not be indexed. I really hope that isn't the case.

I hope I'm not reading your other post incorrectly.
  25. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

You said:

"I submitted my site directly to Google about April 2. Got reciprocal links back about a week ago."

Well that is about 2 weeks too late for this dance both for the submitition and for the back links, google grabed what was going to be used in this dance mid March. You missed this dance, wait for the next one.

As for the dynamic urls they will get indexed provided you haven't gone crazy with session ids and tons of vars.

Cheers,
    theBear
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally posted by "theBear"

As for the dynamic urls they will get indexed provided you haven't gone crazy with session ids and tons of vars.

Cheers,
    Thanks for your input.

When you say session ids... do you mean passing session ids in the url or using sessions to track users in place of cookies... or both?

A small portion of my site is members only and that uses session_register functions in PHP.

I'm hoping that this won't make the Google bot skip over my entire site.

Thanks.
  29. No Profile Picture

I read that thread.

I agree with the main point of that post, but I would expect (possibly in error) that Google would index what it could from a site, even if it skipped the dynamic urls. Your post indicates that you think a dynamic url anywhere on the site will prevent the Google bot from indexing any of the links... I don't know.

What I have done to fix this issue, is to have a copy of my 6000 page database set up in a way that all the urls appear to be static. Then I linked to this folder in my sitemap.

But if what you are suggesting is true, then any site with even a single, long dynamic url would not be indexed. I really hope that isn't the case.

I hope I'm not reading your other post incorrectly.

I have been researching the problem for the last 6 months, in MOST cases it is correct to say YES the bot will skip the LONG dynamic URLs. In some other instances, it'll run away from the site and be content with the old indexed pages (if there were any existed) or just spider the home page only if it is a fist time. If it finds duplicates in a site map for example, it'll do the same. Search Engine friendly URLs issues are a massif (big) issue. Large sites such as ebay, microsoft...can not be a comparison (they do have special deals, agreements, methods...with the search engines) that's why their dynamic URLs are included, they probably are in google's crawl all list including any form of dynamic URL even 500+ characters long.

Now you said to have a copy of my 6000 page database set up in a way that all the urls appear to be static, some people got away with doing that, but some not, well as long as the URLs are short and not dynamic it'll most likely work. Example www.yoursite.whatever/prodict1.html is an identical copy of the long dynamic URL. Your visitors will use either the html page or the original URL, but the bot will crawl the html page.
    HTML pages are the friedliest pages. An other trick is SSI eg. www.yoursite.whatever/prodict1.shtml and this page import the dynamic URL, the bot will also crawl it.
    have a look at what I did with our site (only few pages were experimented with ) most are crawled now after 3 months of trial and error. Now I am 99% sure they will be crawled, I'll convert the few other thousands of links in our database.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: