1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

54 backlinks in 24 hours. Please help me out.

So I got up this morning and hopped on my google search console, and somehow in 24 hours I
    went from 1 backlink to 54. I am concerned, because some of the links came from weird sources
    like en.upost.info which I don't even know what the heck it is, and it doesn't seem to be
    related to my sites content in any way (the site I'm working on is creditscoremaestro.com).
    The reason I'm concerned is because I know that google can scan backlinks and deem the
    linking site to be unrelated to my own, and penalize me. Some of the links are legit, which I
    got from doing HARO interviews. However, many of them are just weird. Some are from really
    big sites like thedailybeast.com.

A big concern is that some of the links come from sites that don't even exist, like
    pennystockemailalerts.com

EDIT: Inside google search console Links tab, I just realized that all of these sites that were
    added last night point to a different target url, and 50% of them point to some government
    site, and the other 50% point to another site.
    I'm lost...

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Thanks.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Dec 18th, 2018 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Live link
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Disavow the domains you don't want, I doubt they carry any weight anyway.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Or before you disavow those domains, you can contact site admin and ask them to remove those links.
  7. No Profile Picture

Well, I'm the site admin. And I don't know what you mean by removing those links... The links don't exist on my site, google is registering them as links from other sites to me.

Anyways, I've considered disavowing them. Will this remove them from my link section in google?

Also, can someone please explain what it means to have a backlink in the google search console that has a different target URL then your own site? I don't understand this, or how it happens.
  9. No Profile Picture

Riyaa_rp means you should contact the site admin of the site the backlink is on to ask them to remove them, it's worth a try and better than a disavow - but remember that your backlink data provider will not update their data in realtime ( I think majestic only update perhaps monthly?)- you might need to check manually to see if they have complied
  11. No Profile Picture

he said some links even not exist ..
    I guess there are someone building spam content for their useless website..

They just scrape the content from Google search and copy paste to the website.... then edit, delete for some reason, or even deleted the whole website.