1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

5 article marketing websites

Hi guys

A quick question:
    if you had to choose 5 Article Marketing Websites to submit 5 different articles about technology (or whatever)...
    Which ones would you choose?
  3. No Profile Picture

PRlog, Squidoo, Street Articles, Idea Marketers, Hubpages, Articlebase

..whoops, thats' six!

Comments on this post

• DarrenHaye : yuck.
    • ThanX agrees
  5. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by ThanX
    Hi guys

A quick question:
    if you had to choose 5 Article Marketing Websites to submit 5 different articles about technology (or whatever)...
    I would ask about having the content published at the 5 sites I think would bring me the right traffic, brand awareness and possibly sales!

For example, if you content and site is about the top 5 iphone apps, you would want to try and get that content published on a website which iphone users use, and/or a site which specifically talks about mobile apps because those are the sites which will not only earn you relevant links but will also be aimed at your target market!

But yeah, if your content isn't up to the high standards which these sort of sites and readers expect to publish, you could always opt for the lower option of using generic article sites like suggested above, but those are very unlikely to sent you any real traffic and will not offer a quality link but just an ok link which will not be hard for your competitors to out link!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  7. No Profile Picture

Thanx's question was very general. And I agree that you ought to publish as close to your niche as possible and you need to decide if its traffic or backlinks that you want. And while not all Article sites are equally helpful, they are in fact more helpful than the word, "Yuck"!

I have had great success publishing with PR Log - not because anyone goes there to read - they don't - but high quality sites in my niche pick up these articles from Prlog and publish them on their sites - something that I could not do. These articles have usually landed page 1 in Google for the article title in a few hours.

Regarding Squidoo, I have a product category in my online store that gets the majority of its sale leads from one link in one article on Squidoo. You just never know where the money will come from.
    Last edited by davidtrounce; Nov 23rd, 2012 at 04:23 AM. Reason: spelling
  9. No Profile Picture

Interesting replies all of you guys!
    I'm not an English Native Speaker and my SEO campaigns are usually in my own language and for my own country.

Nevertheless many times I need to do SEO for the English market.

In comparison to my country's web landscape the English web appears much more messy and I almost understand why Google took their radical actions such as Penguin and Panda.

So, regarding high quality articles, I would tend to consider it as a guest blogging campaign (which I am planning to do) more than an AM campaign. I'm not aware if there are AM websites dedicated exclusively to iPhone, for examples.

I'm sure they are. But if you have to do some other niches... like, I don't know, "data centres" (speaking of technologies) or "weddings", "furnitures" (speaking of other niches)... I think it's more likely to stumble upon websites accepting guest posts.

Am I right?

And by the way I really appreciated davidtrounce's reply, which answered my question straightaway: that's what I was asking for and I would like if someone else reply that way.
    Last edited by ThanX; Nov 24th, 2012 at 04:29 PM.
  11. Webmaster Social Network

There are still many reputable article directories, but I think it is much better if you try, guest blog posting, I am sure that results will be much better!
  13. No Profile Picture

Or, as many are suggesting these days, offering a genuine commitment to forum posting in your niche market.

When I started in the Board Game Industry I was asking tonnes of questions out of necessity in the Forum that supplied my e-commerce software.

As my knowledge grew, I began to help others.

Even today the signature links in those posts tend to "out do" many more recent blog comments and Social Bookmarking backlinks.
  15. No Profile Picture

I would like to start with Hubpage, Sooper Article, Go Article, Article Base, ezinemark.....
  17. Contributing User

Originally Posted by ThanX
    Hi guys

A quick question:
    I think following five are the best article marketing sites:

1 - EzineArticles.com
    2 - GoArticles.com
    3 - ArticleCity.com
    4 - Buzzle.com
    5 - ArticleBiz.com

All type of category options are available there. You can choose industry according to your article and submit.

Comments on this post

• emedianetwork : I think your 4 sites are ok, but goarticles is not a great site, as it can accept duplicate content also. Check it and say something, if you have anlysis of this.
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I will suggest you to use these for sites for Article submission

sooperarticles.com
    ourpatch.com.au
    orato.com
    goarticles.com
    amazines.com
  21. No Profile Picture

Article submission are useful while you do unique content submission in all article submission sites.
  23. No Profile Picture

Its a good article submission sites listed in the forum post But Article submission are useful when you do unique content submission in all article submission sites.
  25. No Profile Picture

I will choose Squidoo.com, Goarticles, PRlog, Orato and Hubpages for article submission.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Banned

I will use Squidoo.com, Hubpages, PRlog, EzineArticles.com, and Goarticles.com.