1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

301 question - old and new URL in index

Hi guys,

I have used 301 redirects to forward my old url's onto my new sites equivalent pages.

I have just seen most of the new urls are now found in google if I enter the exact url into the search. However the old urls are also still being returned for keyword searches.

Is this normal? If so how long will it take for the new url's to replace the old ones and be re ranked based on new content?

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by autolock
    Hi guys,

I have used 301 redirects to forward my old url's onto my new sites equivalent pages.

I have just seen most of the new urls are now found in google if I enter the exact url into the search. However the old urls are also still being returned for keyword searches.

Is this normal? If so how long will it take for the new url's to replace the old ones and be re ranked based on new content?

Thanks
    Do you still have your old site up? If so is the robots.txt set to noindex, nofollow for the old site? And where/how exactly are you putting the redirects in?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by kmasters
    Do you still have your old site up? If so is the robots.txt set to noindex, nofollow for the old site? And where/how exactly are you putting the redirects in?
    It would take time around a fortnite for the old url to be deindexed by google.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo