Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

20 Days from launch to Page 1 on Google

I was making a comment on the forum at "AllTheWeb Updates" and realized that my test results may be appreciated more in this forum so I made a few changes and rewrote it below.

Understand that I do many tests on my web site because I'm really tired of listening to people make comments on the Internet discussing a subject, but yet they DO NOT practice what they are stating and cannot prove what they state. Some call this hype, I call it BS!

I see a LOT of Internet Marketing Gurus selling products just to make a buck and have never used or even looked at the product that they are selling. They capitalize on the phrase, "A Fool and his money are soon parted."

Yesterday I ran across an owners web site, not an affiliate site, selling an ebook stating how to get a top 5 ranking in Google and Yahoo. What I found interesting was that his PR was grayed out and he was claiming he had #1 ranking for the keywords 'Life coaching, Confidence building, Build self esteem,' and more. I then asked myself what these keywords had to do with his ebook? His site was about Google SEO and his Meta tag keywords were "search engine ranking."

His keywords on his tags were not in the first 100 Google results so I wonder how accurate his ebook is???? I won't mention his site for I'm sure you have already seen many sites claiming the same wild statements.

For reasons like the above, I do my own tests so when I sell a product I can back up anything I say.

The following is my most recent test to see how fast I could get a page in Google along with a good Search Engine rating and a good PR. The only part of the test that is not complete is the PR, which will happen later this month on the dance.

The test was done on a new page launched at http://www.renegadesolutions.net/testimonials.shtml

For background info, ALL my optimization is centered around Google because they are top dog on the net and many other search engines pick up info from them. I really don't understand why everyone pushes other search engines for I found that if you create your site correctly and pursue Google along with a quick auto submit to all the rest, all the others will fall in line.

I reference this because I have Page One listings on Yahoo and DID NOT pay their fee for inclusion. In fact, I received an email from Yahoo 3 days after I had Page One Ranking on Google and their own site asking me if I wanted to pay their fee for inclusion into their search engine!! I also do not believe in paying for clicks but creating the proper type of web site.

These are the steps I took although there are many additional secrets not included that I fine-tuned in this process that I am saving for my ebook and my customers!

On 8-18-03 I launched a new page at http://www.renegadesolutions.net/testimonials.shtml
    On 8-20 I submitted that page to Google manually at http://www.google.com/addurl.html
    On 8-22, I submitted that page to all the search engines & FFA pages with the software at http://www.renegadesolutions.net/url_submission_sftwr

Note, I submit ALL my individual pages to the search engines using this software, then after about 4-6 weeks if whatever page was not picked up by whatever search engine, I submit it again. NEVER submit more than twice. With this software you have total control over what is added to each search engine and when along with detailed reports. What everyone states about only submitting your main page and waiting for the spiders to crawl and index the rest of the site is pure BS. (In my opinion) Honestly, I believe they tell you this so they are not deluged with submissions since they usually are anyway.

Initially when my site was launched, I submitted all my individual pages to ALL of the search engines while continuing to run this software to FFA pages. At that time it took almost 4 weeks to get into Google. Now before you pass judgement on FFA pages, read this entire article.

On 8-23 in one day, the page had 185 links to it because of the software I used above.
    On 8-26 Google had already taken a snapshot of it and was in their cache and the PR on the Google toolbar went from gray to white. Now I wait for the next dance in Sept to get an actual PR.
    On 9-9 Google indexed the page (Date stamped on Google results), so I checked for some specific keyword phrases that I was looking for. I am really only interested in the top 30. Below are the results, and although some are not that great, they will still drive a bit of traffic to the site. Note they are all keywords related to my products.

testimonials on Japanese Candlesticks #1 out of 320
    testimonials on do it yourself disclaimer #1 out of 35,400
    testimonials on do it yourself privacy policy #1 out of 93,100
    client testimonials and comments #2 out of 137,000
    comments on products and services #8 out of 5,430,000
    testimonials on legal disclaimer #26 out of 120,000
    testimonials on disclaimer #32 out of 695,000
    testimonials on terms of use #34 out of 1,320,000
    testimonials on general endorsements #62 out of 11,700
    testimonials on privacy policy #91 out of 1,930,000

That is from submission date to Page One in Google in 20 days. Did I earn a cookie or your trust that I know what I'm talking about?

As of today 9-10, that testimonial page has a total of 224 links of which 2 are on AllTheWeb, 8 on AltaVista, 4 on Google, 110 on HotBot/Inktomi, 100 on MSN.

I advertise all my pages equally with this software and developed some special techniques that I use with this software. I discuss some of these tricks and others in my marketing newsletter on my site. I will be writing an ebook on this soon only with facts to back it up.

Remember all the people that tell you stay away from the FFA pages? Pure BS for they do not know how to make them work properly.

The FFA pages give you immediate links, which is the 'foundation' of your house (business). The links give you a high PR, which puts you at the top of the search engines (the house), which brings you in the GOOD targeted traffic into your 'house' to buy your products. You have to learn to crawl before you can walk! There is no theories here for I can prove this at http://www.renegadesolutions.net/breaking_news.shtml

Others say they can do SEO or sell ebooks on 'How To' but they never do it on their own web site!!!! What's up with that?

Once you are established with your house built properly, then you go in to get targeted links based upon the theme of your site with this software at http://www.renegadesolutions.net/reciprocal_link_sftwr

Then you can weed out whatever low PR links you don't want without damaging your own PR but increasing it.

The byproduct of having a high PR is that if you have a links page you can pick and choose who you trade links with for your site will be very desirable and you get traffic and make sales.

To set the record straight, FFA pages will give you few, IF ANY sales, for few people in the USA look at them except the search engines. People overseas DO LOOK at the FFA pages because 21-23% of my traffic and sales comes from other countries. If you lived in a small cubical like some people in Japan, you too would spend a lot of time on FFA pages!

Note the translation links on the navigation bar. Many times, we start trends here and then they go overseas before they outlive their usefulness. This will do you no good unless you have products on your web site that are used Worldwide by people overseas as I do.

Now if you use the same software that I use above, you should increase your traffic and sales by a LOT, assuming your site builds Trust and Confidence with them!

But, that's another story!
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

To be honest, a new page going to #1 within an established website isn't that impressive...

As an example, search for "keyword tracker" and my keyword tracker tool comes up as #2 5 days after it was launched (it was #4 after 24 hours after being online). It's above www.keyword-tracker.com even and has no optimized URLs (its 3 levels off the main site)...

If you have a PR6+ site to begin with, pretty much *any* page you put on it is deemed as important by Google...

digitalpoint.com is on the first page of results for all sorts of keywords (most with no optimization)...

isp billing
    isp billing software
    asp billing software
    web host billing software
    web hosting billing software
    broadband billing software
    domain management software
    offsite backup
    filemaker hosting
    filemaker web hosting
    filemaker database hosting
    home inspection software
    home inspection forum
    etc, etc, etc...

An example would be that we started an oracle discussion list a few weeks ago (end of August), and we are as follows:

oracle forum: #1 out of 1,520,000
    oracle email list: #1 out of 1,300,000
    oracle discussion list: #1 *and* #2 out of 598,000

We are #1 AND #2 (by accident) on product names that we don't even manufacture... (ccauthorize, pc authorize hub, macauthorize, etc.)

As a test of this, 3 days ago I put up a dumb little (TINY) page about ebay motor on the website (which is the #2 search phrase with ebay in it that isn't EXACTLY 'ebay')... anyway, it's now #5 on the SERP.

My point is that your primary site is a PR6 to begin with... so pretty much anything you put on it, is instantly going to be deemed important by Google. If you can get to #1 on even a semi-competitive keyword after 20 days with a NEW domain... THAT would be impressive.

- Shawn
  5. Contributing User

Ehm... metatags anyone ?
  7. Contributing User

Speaking of testimonials, want to hear something funny?

We are as follows:
    quotes & testimonials: #1 out of 641,000
    random testimonials: #3 out of 156,000

From a page that was never optimized in any way, shape or form... again a high ranking by complete accident... And I never even knew that until I just now looked.

- Shawn
  9. Registered User

Difference of opinion

I don't believe I would agree with your comment for on a previous test when I launched http://www.renegadesolutions.net/favorite_links.shtml I allowed the page to be spidered normally without the help of any software and without submitting it as previously outlined and it took 5 weeks before Google indexed it and almost 3 months to get a PR.

Before opening my mouth I did try it both ways. Differences of opinions are good though and thanks for your comment.

You are correct though, as I too mentioned a high PR does pull some weight when linking to other pages. I see your site also has a 6PR. I tried a test of not creating such extensive Meta Tags on my individual candlestick pages and although they rank at #1 on Google the PR is only a 4. Those Meta tags must mean something?

One of the other tests I did was to stop using the software I spoke about for 6 weeks when we had a network crash here. The PR went down 1 point and some pages 2 points, meaning links IN are REAL important. I am still building my permanent links in and I see you have twice as many as I do!

I was really trying to give others a method that will help them out to increase their standings overall. I was really expecting comments on how I used the FFA pages to my advantage.

I tried your tool and it's a great time saver. You did a great job on it. Thank you.
  11. Contributing User

That's fair enough... I didn't mean to sound complete like an ***.

I was just saying that a page within a high ranking site will immediately get indexed regardless.

As far as meta keywords go, I don't think they hold any value these days... my keyword tracker tool was #4 (now #2) in Google for "keyword tracker" 24 hours after it was available on the website (in any form)... META keywords for it are: "Internet web based tools"... I've pretty much stopped putting any thought into meta keywords myself... usually just plop something in there to fill it.

The keyword tracker tool was not submitted to Google either and it was in the index within 24 hours...

Glad you like the keyword tracker BTW.

- Shawn
  13. Modsky
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Im sorry but here's a little "free seo advice"

testimonials on Japanese Candlesticks #1 out of 320
    testimonials on do it yourself disclaimer #1 out of 35,400
    testimonials on do it yourself privacy policy #1 out of 93,100
    client testimonials and comments #2 out of 137,000
    comments on products and services #8 out of 5,430,000
    testimonials on legal disclaimer #26 out of 120,000
    testimonials on disclaimer #32 out of 695,000
    testimonials on terms of use #34 out of 1,320,000
    testimonials on general endorsements #62 out of 11,700
    testimonials on privacy policy #91 out of 1,930,000

Are not due to your software or FFA links those phrases are so non-competitive I guarantee if I wanted to waste my time trying specifically optimize for such rubbish I could have #1 from a PR 4 site upon instantaneous spider. If you are going to advocate software that aids users in choosing the wrong path "FFA" links then you better come up with some better evidence than that.

Oh and just for the record my brand new PR 0 site is #2 and #3 for free seo advice and I dont remember using FFA software at all
    Last edited by seo guy; Sep 10th, 2003 at 09:43 PM.
    Webmasters who spend their energies upholding the spirit of the basic principles [Of Google] will provide a much better user experience and subsequently enjoy better ranking than those who spend their time looking for loopholes they can exploit. Google.com

Real Estate
  15. No Profile Picture
    dan
    Contributing User

Just a quick inbetweener. I just wonder how to optimise for your own little link exchange pages!? I tried researching in keywords, but had the most unsatisfactory experience so far. No competitive keywords out there, not really ... :-(
  17. Modsky

Im not sure how you mean dan? you own little link exchange pages? Do you mean you want your link exchange pages coming up in SERPs and your looking for high searched words? Did you try wordtracker?

Maybe you could clarify
  19. No Profile Picture
    dan
    Contributing User

Link exchange pages for me are link pages with a call for action to manually built or exchange reciprocal links. I think every website should have (at least) one. Do you think it is a bad idea optimising for them?

Thats why I have been trying for a few extravagant keywords ... and yes I have been through wordtracker for that. Ooohps, I should have started a new threat for that, shouldnt I? Cheers, anyway.
  21. Modsky

Yes I do think that having a place to place your linking partners is important and that displaying your link prominently on your index page tells potential suitors that you are willing to exchange links if that site meets whatever criteria you may personally have for a selection process.
  23. Registered User

Originally posted by dan
    [Thats why I have been trying for a few extravagant keywords ... and yes I have been through wordtracker for that. Ooohps, I should have started a new threat for that, shouldnt I? Cheers, anyway. [/B]
    Why thanks Dan, I'm glad to see someone else thinks that seo guy is way to aggressive and looking for an argument.

I always thought these forums were a place to exchange ideas where everyone could benefit from different tricks that have been tried and proven! Why do some people have to get so aggressive?

Seo guy,
    I was explaining a technique that has worked for me and it may or may not be for anyone else. I have a good site that makes money with a good PR and good SE positioning. If your site has a lessor positioning then maybe you should be open to other creative ideas.

Do you think that only your methods are the best for everyone?

You made the comment:

"Oh and just for the record my brand new PR 0 site is #2 and #3 for free seo advice and I dont remember using FFA software at all"

Did you ever think that if you did use such software that you would have more than 1 link to your site and perhaps the rest of the pages of your site wouldn't be grayed out?

How can you survive in business with such a closed mind?
  25. Modsky

Renegade, In the short term FFA pages always get you spidered quickly and show "some results" but because they are against Google and most other search engines terms and conditions I dont believe that plugging your own app with poor proofs using obscure keywords and only immidiate results is a good thing for webmasters who use this forum to learn techniques that will allow them to succeed and not get banned in the long run.

Perhaps it was brash of me to assume you were aware of the downfalls of FFA linkages or the T/C of the major engines and if so then perhaps I should have been more tolerant, and if so I appologise however the fact remains that the application and process that you advocate in your initial post is poor practice at best and goes against all that SEO stands for IMHO. ?

And incidentally the tutorial that you say has "greyed out pages" is brand new and has not seen a PR update as of yet (which no amount of backlinks would change) but my main sites are all PR 4-7 and I manage over 200 of them for clients.

My point was not "hey I cant get my own PR" my point was that the results you achieved have nothing to do with your FFA links or your software, they are incidental and could have been achieved without it.
  27. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

i have a site that I have started up, had no backlinks, no pr nothing.. 2nd and 3rd within 2 days.. with minimal optimizing and linking to from a pr4 site. o reached first page 2nd and 3rd position, with 200,000 competitors..

it's not that hard for easy 4 keyword terms rene..
  29. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

"Oh and just for the record my brand new PR 0 site is #2 and #3 for free seo advice and I dont remember using FFA software at all"
    Now the last time we spoke you mentioned that you compare the PR of your site to the person offering advice and this determines their credibility!

I assume you don't use this approach anymore, right?

Any strategy works better than none at all -- that's a given.

The real test though is "how much traffic are you getting from the phrases"?

If zero - what was the point?

Ranks are good for the ego but your ego doesn't pay any bills.

Admittedly this isn't at #1 or even on the first page (depth 10) so not as good as anything you've shown but love those 0's in the competitive results column confidence #11 (that's for my ego!) ;)

Even at #11 this single term brings in 500 a day. That's for the client!
    Last edited by fathom; Sep 11th, 2003 at 02:34 AM.
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: