1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

1 website, 2 SEO companies

Hi all,

If i have 1 website, would hiring 2 separate SEO companies to bring up my website on Google work better than just having 1 company handling my website? Or is this practice dangerous/not recommended? Does it get my ranking up faster? Or does it get more SEO work done in a shorter period of time (due to more man power?)? I was thinking in those lines, but please correct me if i am wrong.

Can someone experienced list advantages/disadvantages of doing this?

Costs are not an issue in this scenario.

Thank you
    Last edited by stawned; Feb 5th, 2013 at 08:05 PM.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

I would use 1 good one for both sites. Faster? maybe if they both are any good at it. Beware though it's not an over night deal either way.
  5. No Profile Picture

more seo work done in a shorter time would be right, but for ranking up faster? i think it wont contribute. hiring two companies would not be the solution, but if you have enough to pay, then try it out. maybe 2 companies, better than 1.lol
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Just use one. So when the **** hits the fan you know who to complain to.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

joshz is right, just use 1 company / person. seo needs planning, strategy and co-ordination and the person doing it needs an entire overview. If you employ 2 companies at the same time they may try not to compete but inevitably they will. this will cause info not be shared properly, mistakes will happen and the blame game will start. You'll be paying them to talk to each other whilst 1 person could be getting on with the job.
  11. Contributing User

Having agreed with all previously mentioned, I would add that if you want to hire 2 SEO companies it will be much better to separate their task to fasten the work on site. While one company, for example, optimizes your code, another company can do another task (directory submission or something like that).
  13. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by seohuntanalytic
    While one company, for example, optimizes your code, another company can do another task (directory submission or something like that).
    Good idea, pay two companies to do two things that aren't going to get his site ranked! Just what every webmaster and business owner is looking for lol

To the OP, if money is no object, why don't you simply hire one great seo rather then run the risk of hiring two companies which could case problems if they don't communicate with each other correctly!?

As for the speed of rankings, well that would depend on what work is done, how well the work is done, what your competitors do when they see you aiming for the top spot and so on... And my guess would be that all this would take just as long no matter how many people you hire to do the seo work because seo take time and works on quality not quantity!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by seohuntanalytic
    Having agreed with all previously mentioned, I would add that if you want to hire 2 SEO companies it will be much better to separate their task to fasten the work on site. While one company, for example, optimizes your code, another company can do another task (directory submission or something like that).
    Sorry i disagree, youre just complicating the matter, and assuming the client has enough knowledge of seo as to where to split the tasks. More often than not he wont know this and so would leave it to the 2 seo boys to sort it out. In this way they'll fall out right at the start over who does what for most of the budget :-)
  17. Contributing User

Originally Posted by NathanielB
    Good idea, pay two companies to do two things that aren't going to get his site ranked! Just what every webmaster and business owner is looking for lol
    I've only assumed and gave an example, it's not a direct advice to do exactly such things. Didn't you think about that?