1. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Free Google adwords advertising - please suggest

Last week i received free Google Adwords mail with coupon code.

Please suggest can we run or create free Google adwords and run the campaign with this free coupon code

I am very new to this Google adwords...

please suggest how can i create or run this campaign

I am very much interested to learn about SEM techniques

Thanks
    Last edited by Sanjeet.Seo; Aug 16th, 2012 at 02:15 AM.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I would have thought the coupon would have given you some instructions...However...try [code]Here
    Everything you need to know, and right from the company that offers the service.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    I would have thought the coupon would have given you some instructions...However...try [code]Here
    Everything you need to know, and right from the company that offers the service.

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply..

Thanks
    Last edited by Sanjeet.Seo; Aug 16th, 2012 at 04:04 AM.
  7. No Profile Picture

google adwords help

I was accused of pm spamming for offering to help you off-forum so here we go, on-forum..

There are Google AdWords Tutorials that you should read before beginning a campaign. There are videos available as well. You can find good ones through either google or youtube.

The best advice I can give you is..

Firstly, divide your campaign into adgroups that relate only to ONE product or ONE service.

If there are synonyms for your service, they should be placed in separate ad groups as well, so that you can target the keyword phrases more closely.

For instance, if you were selling shipping pallets. you would want a separate adgroup for "shipping pallets" and "shipping skids"
    Then you would build your keyword list from there.
    Shipping pallets in northern california
    shipping pallets for sale
    buy shipping pallets

would be an example of keywords you would use for the former

and

Shipping skids in northern california
    shipping skids for sale
    buy shipping skids

would be the kind of keywords you would use for the second adgroup.

for very general keywords... do NOT use "broad match"

in this example, the broad match keyword might be pallets.. the phrase someone SEARCHES might be "free pallets" -- obviously if they are looking for something FREE.. they won't want to buy, and you will receive a useless impression.

too many impressions on vague keywords will lower your Click thru Rate and cause you to pay MORE for your ads than your competitors would in the long run.

You may want to use these general keywords as [exact match]
    or "phrase match" -- but if you see the CTR on these keywords.. or any keywords.. staying very low.. you will want to either pause them (not delete them.. you don't want to forget you've already tested that keyword) or alter them to be more specific.

You want your ad text to be as closely related to the keywords as possible.
    You want your keywords to be as closely related to your landing page as possible.

If you do not have a separate page on your website for each of your products or services, create them! Directing all of your ads to one page with a long, varied list of services will greatly lower your quality score, and again, cause you to pay more for clicks than your competitors.. and will also result in a MUCH LOWER CONVERSION RATE.
    The average attention span of an internet user is EIGHT SECONDS (That's less than a gold fish.)
    You'd better get the potential customer to where they want to be as quickly as possible.

Also-- USE NEGATIVE KEYWORDSS

Ace hardware certainly will want to use "poker" as a negative keyword... so that people searching for "ace poker" do not see ads for "ace hardware"

Similarly, someone selling wood pallets does not want to show ads to people looking for wood PELLETS (which would be considered a common mispelling by adwords, but is obviously a word with a different intent in this content

examples of good NEGATIVE KEYWORDS include:

reviews
    cheap
    whole sale
    free
    sucks

If you do not have the time or energy to become a Google AdWords Expert, you may want to invest in hiring one. A good expert will keep your quality scores and CTR high. An unfocused, unoptimized campaign can be very expensive..

It's easy to get clicks. But when those clicks aren't converting into sales... they don't mean much.

Be sure to link a your site's google analytics page to your google adwords account.. and take part in the google analytics forum to learn the best ways to track your site's performance.

When done right, Google AdWords is an amazing and effective tool.

Comments on this post

• terriwells agrees : Good advice. See? It wasn't that hard to share; that's what we're about here. :-)
    • samdds agrees
    • realityhack agrees
    Last edited by DarrenHaye; Aug 22nd, 2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Didn't need your name of company in the post.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

shipping skids for sale
    buy shipping skids
    I would go even more granulate and make each of these separate keyword groups.

Group A:
    Shipping skids in northern California
    Northern California shipping skids

Group B:
    Shipping skids for sale
    Shipping skid sales
    Sale shipping skids

You also want the keywords in your ad and on the landing page. In the sample, the keywords would be the headlines. The second line should give some detail/feature like, best rates or pressure treated or bug-free. Third line, or second if you get your feature line extended to line one, is a call to action. Call now! See our reviews! Bookmark this site!

Now create four ads for your keyword group and vary the details and call to action lines. Monitor and replace ads with a response rate below 1%. Be sure your ads are rotating evenly within your keyword group.

Shipping skids for sale
    Pressure treated, bug resistant
    Visit our site and see our reviews!
    Http://shipping skids.com
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by MyWebMarketPro
    I was accused of pm spamming for offering to help you off-forum so here we go, on-forum..

There are Google AdWords Tutorials that you should read before beginning a campaign. There are videos available as well. You can find good ones through either google or youtube.

Firstly, divide your campaign into adgroups that relate only to ONE product or ONE service.

If there are synonyms for your service, they should be placed in separate ad groups as well, so that you can target the keyword phrases more closely.

For instance, if you were selling shipping pallets. you would want a separate adgroup for "shipping pallets" and "shipping skids"
    buy shipping pallets

and

shipping skids for sale
    buy shipping skids

in this example, the broad match keyword might be pallets.. the phrase someone SEARCHES might be "free pallets" -- obviously if they are looking for something FREE.. they won't want to buy, and you will receive a useless impression.

too many impressions on vague keywords will lower your Click thru Rate and cause you to pay MORE for your ads than your competitors would in the long run.

or "phrase match" -- but if you see the CTR on these keywords.. or any keywords.. staying very low.. you will want to either pause them (not delete them.. you don't want to forget you've already tested that keyword) or alter them to be more specific.

You want your keywords to be as closely related to your landing page as possible.

If you do not have a separate page on your website for each of your products or services, create them! Directing all of your ads to one page with a long, varied list of services will greatly lower your quality score, and again, cause you to pay more for clicks than your competitors.. and will also result in a MUCH LOWER CONVERSION RATE.
    The average attention span of an internet user is EIGHT SECONDS (That's less than a gold fish.)
    You'd better get the potential customer to where they want to be as quickly as possible.

Ace hardware certainly will want to use "poker" as a negative keyword... so that people searching for "ace poker" do not see ads for "ace hardware"

Similarly, someone selling wood pallets does not want to show ads to people looking for wood PELLETS (which would be considered a common mispelling by adwords, but is obviously a word with a different intent in this content

reviews
    cheap
    whole sale
    free
    sucks

If you do not have the time or energy to become a Google AdWords Expert, you may want to invest in hiring one. A good expert will keep your quality scores and CTR high. An unfocused, unoptimized campaign can be very expensive..

It's easy to get clicks. But when those clicks aren't converting into sales... they don't mean much.

Be sure to link a your site's google analytics page to your google adwords account.. and take part in the google analytics forum to learn the best ways to track your site's performance.

hi

Thank you so much for your reply and detail information....

after reading your instruction i have created campaign and i am running ad

Thanks
  13. No Profile Picture

Yw

Originally Posted by Sanjeet.Seo
    hi

Thank you so much for your reply and detail information....

after reading your instruction i have created campaign and i am running ad

Thanks
    Wonderful!
    Please let me know how it goes.
    It can take a while to fine tune a campaign to perform optimally.
    I'll be happy to help you interpret the data from your campaign and use it to make the necessary tweaks.
    :-)
  15. No Profile Picture

I'm learning from you guys, thank you so much. I'm also new to Google Adwords and I'm afraid to try it because I may not use it properly and waste some money. I'm about to ask for your insights, good thing I saw this thread.
  17. No Profile Picture

I for a free $100 coupon from Google for Adwords. Tempted, but I don't want to get locked into anything.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

99% of the people trying google coupons do not stick
    you get 100 bucks in free ads
    you give them a credit card
    next thing you know
    you dropped 500 and got NOT ONE CALL

here is why 99% of the sites fail on google ppc

a. their site is vanilla like every other site in their niche made from a garbage template, they convert on average at less than 3%
    Do the math, your industry is 10 bucks a click, you have to spend 330 bucks at google to get maybe 1 call, and then you have no way to KNOW that call came from google

b. most coupon users do the auto pilot at google, they let google set the click rate, you then are paying 25 bucks for clicks worth 8 bucks

c. small companies can't hire a real SEM guru to do ppc management and their sites are horrible that get tiny conversion ratios

You are better off not wasting your time with google, unless you have a HIGH RESPONSE WEB SITE that you paid a nice sum to get developed by a PROVEN HIGH RESPONSE TEAM

But if you had that, you would already have a ppc account and not be talking about coupons for a site that will get less than 3% response ratios
  21. No Profile Picture

Great info thanks for posting

buy shipping pallets

and

shipping skids for sale
    buy shipping skids

reviews
    cheap
    whole sale
    free
    sucks

23. No Profile Picture

That is the single most useful tip to reduce my adwords spend. Thanks a bunch.