1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What extension is this?

Hey,

I saw this extension on mobile device yesterday. Any idea what it is? Is it the price extension?

3. Administrator
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Howdy!

I dunno if I've ever mentioned it before, but you've got a great username. And, for this question, it's really appropriate because the answer is also...tricky. I just learned about it today!

It sounds like you already know about price extensions, but for those reading this thread who do not:

- Here is the announcement for when they were introduced, in July 2016: https://adwords.googleblog.com/2016/...xtensions.html
    - Google's help topic "about price extensions": https://support.google.com/adwords/a..._topic=3119079
    - Another one about "using price extensions": https://support.google.com/adwords/a..._topic=3119079

Thing is, the extensions that you're showing in your screenshot are different than normal price extensions. You can compare it with this screenshot from the Google AdWords blog:

Search Engine Land reported first seeing this strange and new format on August 24, 2016: Google rolling out price extensions for mobile text ads

Originally Posted by SEL
    More users are seeing what looks to be an alternate format of price extensions formatted that we'd earlier been calling sitelink cards, for lack of a formal name. AdWords is not saying for certain if this format is indeed price extensions, but they include the same content.
    I've bolded the part I think is important.

So I'm not sure what they are. There may be a more up-to-date source out there that explains them - perhaps Google has already announced the change and I couldn't find it. I'd love it if anyone could post something like that, if they find it.

But for now I have to conclude that nobody knows what these are. Looks like a new Google test.

I see this is from a mobile device, right? Does the same format show up on desktops?
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I see this is from a mobile device, right? Does the same format show up on desktops?
    I don't see it on the desk top, well not in the results I searched for. Thought maybe it needed the city, but it didn't work either. This might be a good question for KP our resident PPC guru.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    I don't see it on the desk top, well not in the results I searched for. Thought maybe it needed the city, but it didn't work either. This might be a good question for KP our resident PPC guru.
    Thanks for your answers. It seems to be an extension of the price extension. It's a "swipe-feature" so it will most likely only be available for mobile devices.

My guess is that it will be a "PLA for services". My other guess it that it shows in different ways depending on relevancy (QS), just like sitelinks/enhanced sitelinks.