1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What does a Google AdWords Call Extension conversion mean without forwarding number?

Hey guys,

I'm from Austria and here the forwarding number service is not available so far. So i can't get detailed information about the actual calls right?

I have only activated the call extension for mobile devices, so the customers are seeing the phone number clickable in the ad on their mobile devices.

My questions now:
    - The clicks on the phone number doesn't nessesarily mean, that they have called right? The just see the phone number entered in their phone. They could call, the could save it or they could abort the process.
    - What is meant by conversions, that are being displayed in the call extension statistics? I mean a conversion for the call extension would be a call, but that can't be measured without the forwarding number. My main conversion is simply the submit of the enquiry form. E.g. i have had 53 clicks on the phone number and 2 conversion out of that. Does it mean 53 people clicked the phone number and additionally filled out the enquiry form?

Thanks for your answers.
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by leetweb
    - The clicks on the phone number doesn't nessesarily mean, that they have called right? The just see the phone number entered in their phone. They could call, the could save it or they could abort the process.
    Yes, there is a probability of just dialing the phone number. They can use it to save to call it later but you will be charged for this activity. [Google will consider this activity as an Invalid Click activity and refund to your account].
    Originally Posted by leetweb
    What is meant by conversions, that are being displayed in the call extension statistics? I mean a conversion for the call extension would be a call, but that can't be measured without the forwarding number. My main conversion is simply the submit of the enquiry form. E.g. i have had 53 clicks on the phone number and 2 conversion out of that. Does it mean 53 people clicked the phone number and additionally filled out the enquiry form?
    Conversions are Signup/ Free signup / Purchase made /Downloads etc.
    As you said your conversion is "simply the submit of the enquiry form" so yes, people who clicked on your call extension would have been went to your landing page and submitted the equiry form too.
    53 clicks means, 53 went to your landing page and 2 filled out the form.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by JoanMatilda
    I don't know about it clearly can you please explain me broader to know
    What us that which is not clear to you? Can you be bit specific?