Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Websites whose only purpose is to display adsense

Has anyone noticed any sites whose only purpose seems to be to display googles adsense ads? I think I have found close to thirty today in my industry. The majority of them have been optimized for industry related terms and there is no navigation. Just adsense ads.

Here is one: http://weddings-wedding.com/

Every link on this page goes to a sub-domain that displays google ads. Is there much money in adsense?
    Last edited by John; Feb 9th, 2004 at 08:25 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I believe that this site will be striped of keywords within a short time.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by EGOL
    I believe that this site will be striped of keywords within a short time.
    I don't understand what you mean by striped.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

They certainly will be eliminated from the program!

I know, because I had this bright idea to make six one-page websites which were simply links to travel directories and restaurant guides, airfare guides, etc.

I had not even finished with the second one before I got an email from Google about the restaurant guide site asking if the sole purpose of the site was to display ads or if I had a genuine intention of turning it into a real restaurant guide.

Also, do not put anything which remotely entices your readers to click on the ads. I had the text "You support this web site when you visit the advertisers below!" above my ads, and they wrote me about that.

Lesson learned: The ads at least pay for my apartment and bills in Mexico, permitting me to experience another culture on a weekly basis. They are the only real money the site has ever made on a consistent basis. So, don't mess them if you are lucky enough to get in. I actually email them any time I am about to make any kind of change which might affect them, and I get timely reponses. They are watching their Adsense program...
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by JuarezTourGuide
    They are watching their Adsense program...

Good, I'll report their sorry *ss. In an earlier post I was whinning about how bad the competing sites were in my industry. This is about average for websites that claim to be resources for brides. Just pisses me off that I have invested over $35 grand in my site and am getting my *** kicked by spammers whose only goal is to make a quick couple of hundred bucks.
  11. No Profile Picture

Hi!

I like the idea to post on a popular website some ads so to be paid everytime someone CLICK on my add.

BUT, I have two questions:

1. What if I don't have a popular web site, which is very young and doesen't have traffic (at least yet)? The wedding dresses web site above has a PR 0. It definitely not appears in Google SERPS for the competitive wedding terms. I suppose it's a new web site. SO, where does it take his visitors from? (To be profitable, it has to have many visitors because only a small portion of them make some clicks on those ads.)

2. How could the ads' look not hurt the overall goodlooking of a website? It seems to me that they are not so customizable.
    Last edited by Just_in; Feb 10th, 2004 at 04:45 AM.
  13. Banned

Wedding Site Still UP! 4 months later

I don't get it.
    Four months after the beginning of this thread,
    the bugus wedding site is STILL UP and running.

Why hasn't Google killed this site?
    Why is Adsense spamming allowed here?
    Other posts describe banishments based upon a whim,
    yet 100% spamming is accepted?
    Huh?
    What am I missing?

This site was clearly built just for Adsense.
    This is an unquestionable violation of the TOS.
  15. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

the site is still on the server but is not showing in the serps for some of the easier keywords such as nebraska weddings
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by John
    I have a restaurant site that wants to attract new catering clients in the area. I'm amazed at how saturated wedding sites seem to have taken over any search phrase that has catering in it.

Most all of them are directory of wedding services and require a monthly/yearly fee to get listed.
  19. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

Directory sites are running over everyone and in response everyone is building a directory site... google needs to fix the algo.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I see nothing wrong with this site, and they also list many wedding companies, maybe they just added it?

I believe you can not say it's spam, and google didn't say you can not put adsense in a page which has lots of outbound links.
  23. Master of the cave
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Thumbs down

Take a close look... all the links take you to another page in the same website, it is just a big circle of hundreds of pages in the same site displaying adsence.

I think Google need to hire more staff... they just let people do whatever they want with their search engine.... cloaking, hidden text, doorway pages, and now adsence spamming.

Geez...
    Need some free backlinks for your site? Check this out!
  25. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

"I had not even finished with the second one before I got an email from Google about the restaurant guide site asking if the sole purpose of the site was to display ads or if I had a genuine intention of turning it into a real restaurant guide.

Also, do not put anything which remotely entices your readers to click on the ads. I had the text "You support this web site when you visit the advertisers below!" above my ads, and they wrote me about that."

did they kick you out or give you a chance to change it?

if you had a chance to change it, consider yourself very, very lucky
    Get Relevant Links! Buy Links from the TextLinkBrokers!
    Building Quality SEO Blog - Editors Wanted | Free SEO Tools
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Google will have to fix this. It's so annoying when you use adwords and people do this kind of thing. It costs you loads of extra money for unqualified leads which are nothing more than the result of spam.

I've given up with adwords due to click fraud. I hope they sort this out soon, I might rejoin once they've fixed it.
  29. au courant
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Totally agree with you. It is not click fraud that I worry about, it is the fact that you are Paying to be on Google, or AOL for that matter, and you spend good money to get listed on site that has no other purpose than to push your ads to people who are not looking fo r them in the first place. And then, before you know it, you spent $300 in a day of ads that are nothing but One hit clicks to your site. Google has to end this.. but I dont see it, it makes them money too.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: