1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Suspended from Adwords, no idea why?...

Hey guys.

I got this from google today, saying my site was banned from adwords.

This was their reasoning:

"Policy violation:
    Untrustworthy Behavior

About this violation:
    When we suspend an advertiser for untrustworthy behavior, it typically
    means there is something fundamentally wrong with the business itself,
    posing an immediate threat to our users' safety -- whether online or
    offline. Examples of untrustworthy behavior include enticing users to part
    with money or information under false or unclear pretenses; presenting a
    false identity, business name, or contact information; charging users for
    products or services typically available for free; and sites that
    are "phishing" for users' information."

I don't understand, because my competitors who I know are rouge, have been running ads for years. Here I am, doing everything by the book and I get this? I'm not sure what I have done wrong...

This is my site : speedy (no space) tests ().co.uk()driving-test-cancellations

Does anyone have any idea what the issue is?

Comments on this post

• SEOToday agrees
  3. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Have you called them? I certainly wouldn't just accept it without a phone conversation. It could even be a mistake.

Comments on this post

• SEOToday agrees
  5. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

I would imagine they are going with the following bit
    " charging users for products or services typically available for free"

However you are offering a service so I do think its a bit harsh, speaking to someone at google can be really difficult unless your spending money but I would give it a go.

Comments on this post

• SEOToday agrees
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog
  7. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

speaking to someone at google can be really difficult unless your spending money but I would give it a go.
    Give their adwords support a call. You may have to try a few times to get a good person on the other end of the phone though.

Comments on this post

• SEOToday agrees
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare
  9. Contributing User

Thank you for responding guys!

I did actually call AdWords as soon as this happened. I got put through to somebody who didn't really have very good English and it seemed very black and white. They said they couldn't tell me the specifics... I think Chedders is right with the reasoning, it seems the most likely reason. I will keep ringing until I get somebody who's helpful.

I do feel like I am in the right. Because although people can change driving tests for free, we don't claim to be the DVSA, and it clearly states it's an add-on service for people who don't have the time to check for earlier dates themselves. With the nature of the business, I have had to be careful with how I word things in this regard, I have had solicitors read through the work to make sure I'm not breaking any laws because the DVSA are a lot more of a scary prospect than Google to us in regards to the law.

Should I try and get the exact reason, and rectify it? Or, do I stand my ground and say I'm not doing anything wrong?
  11. Contributing User

Update:

Tried to call again today, and I can't get past reception - They don't talk about suspensions on the phone. I ask to complain, they don't talk about complaints on the phone either.

They say they reply to emails within 48 hours. It's been 72 hours - still no reply.

This is, what is it... the second richest company on the planet? :|

Comments on this post

• SEOToday agrees
  13. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Keep going. I know it's a pain but at some point you will get someone who cares
  15. Contributing User

"Dear advertiser, Thanks for your continued patience during this process. We’ve confirmed that your account is in violation of our AdWords policies. Since this decision is final, the account will not be reinstated. Please avoid creating additional AdWords accounts, as they will be subjected to the same suspension.
    Our support team will not be able to give you any more specifics on the suspension.
    We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth"

Keep ringing? That seems final to me ?

Comments on this post

• SEOToday agrees
  17. Contributing User

I finally got through to a helpful guy in Adwords. He himself after sitting on the site for 25 minutes couldn't see any issues, but he said he doesn't have any say in the suspension. He advised me to screenshot competitors who are doing the exact same thing and send them to google. But he also added, based on the last email I got he doesn't see any chance of the suspension being uplifted despite how unjust it sounds.

So now a lawyer and an AdWords expert working for google can't see any issues - yet 'between me and him' (the AdWords guy at google) said he didn't see any potential lift because it's very rare that this happens... and when you banned... you're banned and they don't really look into it.

I've sent the screenshots over to google. But, with a google employee saying himself bans just aren't really lifted - I see little chance. This also makes me slightly wary of the issues I am having with SEO on the site. No tool is picking up any issues, yet its been about six weeks and non-competitive terms are actually a lower rank to when the site was first indexed. It's made me think that maybe the site has been hit with something due to this? I'm not sure. I don't see any manual actions in my webmaster tools, but something isn't right. This feels so unjust.

Comments on this post

• SEOToday agrees
  19. No Profile Picture

-------Examples of untrustworthy behavior include enticing users to part
    with money or information under false or unclear pretenses; presenting a
    false identity, business name, or contact information; charging users for
    products or services typically available for free; and sites that
    are "phishing" for users' information."-------

It's a sad news for you. But If there is no problem that stated here, you can definitely contact the support.I would prefer phone call. I had the same problem once but that was happen by mistake . Than I sent emails but they replied he same. But I call the support and finally they revised the issue and fix my problem. you can do that for sure.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you read that Google help center carefully - it states: Note that in determining whether an advertiser or site is untrustworthy, we may review information from multiple sources including your ad, website, accounts, and third party sources.

So it could be your ad copy or other sources that went wrong as well. For example, the ad is over-promising the service in an unrealistic, and untruthful way.
  23. No Profile Picture

You can check it out in notification tab or you can directly call to google and check out the reason.
  25. No Profile Picture

It would be helpful if we knew what kind of products or services you were promoting. Google has been cracking the whip on many businesses like third party tech support providers or any other company that seems to be pretending to be a different brand. I know people who have had their account banned citing the same "untrustworthy behavior" violation.

Also, make sure you did not use any trademarks in your landing page or ad copy. This can be another reason for your account being banned. For example, if you are promoting customer care outsourcing and you use the term "customer care outsourcing by IBM" in your ad copy, you will get banned as you have no association with IBM.
    Last edited by Hikin Mike; Aug 1st, 2017 at 04:24 AM. Reason: removed link and warned