1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Struggling business needs SEO

Friend of mine has a work from home office pc/laptop repair business in New York, we wants to get SEO to cover his local surroundings but also google global becuase he can to laptop repairs by mail. He hired a company to do organic SEO for him and is on first page for a lot of keywords after 6 months but no calls are coming in so he's asked me for help. He does not have a large budget.

I had a similar situation with a local storefront here and got in touch with an Adwords expert who immediately got that friend's site in the top 3 on google's first page within 15 minutes of my friend paying him but that expert is now too busy to help this friend with the pc business so I am looking around for someone who can do the same as that Adwords expert for this guy's small budget. Maybe get him on first page in the top 3 for only certain times of the day and certain days of the week e.t.c? Any suggestions guys?
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by mikehende
    I had a similar situation with a local storefront here and got in touch with an Adwords expert who immediately got that friend's site in the top 3 on google's first page within 15 minutes of my friend paying him...
    In the top 3 ORGANIC placements??? (It doesn't seem very likely); more likely he got him set up with some Adwords sponsored links (Ad's).

...but that expert is now too busy to help this friend with the pc business so I am looking around for someone who can do the same as that Adwords expert for this guy's small budget. Maybe get him on first page in the top 3 for only certain times of the day and certain days of the week e.t.c? Any suggestions guys?
    If it's Adwords Ad's, he can do it himself (just a matter of finding the correct KW(s) and paying enough to place in the top 3).
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by ClickyB
    In the top 3 ORGANIC placements??? (It doesn't seem very likely); more likely he got him set up with some Adwords sponsored links (Ad's).
    No, in the top 3 Adwords section, sorry I did not make that clear.

Regarding this:

If it's Adwords Ad's, he can do it himself (just a matter of finding the correct KW(s) and paying enough to place in the top 3).

I am not sure it's as simple as that as I had tried in the past to sign up with google Adwords for my site after researching proper keywords e.t.c and it did absolutely nothing for my site. Many others who tried themselves ended up in the same way. You have experts around who knows how work with Adwords efficiently, problem is to find these guys who can "guarantee" the top 3 adwords placement and deliver.
    Last edited by mikehende; Aug 17th, 2012 at 11:35 AM.
  7. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

No, in the top 3 Adwords section, sorry I did not make that clear.
    No problem... just needed to be sure ;)

Regarding this:

I am not sure it's as simple as that as I had tried in the past to sign up with google Adwords for my site after researching proper keywords e.t.c and it did absolutely nothing for my site. Many others who tried themselves ended up in the same way. You have experts around who knows how work with Adwords efficiently, problem is to find these guys who can "guarantee" the top 3 adwords placement and deliver.
    Well I don't have a huge amount of Adwords experience but I do run a few (regular / long-term) campaigns on behalf of a couple of clients and - as far as I know - having carefully selected some suitable KW's, it's just a question of bidding enough to rank above the rest.
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

getting in the top 3 isn't the hard part, it's converting them once they click.

landing pages are a bit part of this process.