1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Pros & Cons Of Wordtracker Of Using It To Setup New Campaign With Exact Match

Hi...

Confused about what i read online about wordtracker !

1) Heard there is no reason to use wordtracker when you can use google adwords kw tool for free and it is the largest data set right from big daddy google what is pros and cons of both of them the free one and paid one

2) Heard google kw tool is more accurate for the month the data is more fresh and yours is based on 365 days old data how is this good or bad for me dealing with old data sets when doing keyword research for a new ppc adwords campaign

3) Heard that google serves ads on adwords for keyword phrases from its own data sets it has collected from google search engine customers inquiries - so is this true google will not use the data sets I will find in WT as a subscriber confused about this then why should I use wordtracker at all really...

4) What would be the top reasons i should use WT for setting up a new ppc campaign when I am starting out with exact match only not broad or phrase matches until i am successful with exact matches and not broad and phrase at all for now

5) For negative kw research and long tails how does WT help me find potential gems in the real estate investor niche which i am in could I not this with google own kw free tool
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

A worthless tool meant to suck revenue out of you for no better reason than they can.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi there,
    I noticed you have posted your Wordtracker support query to this forum so I hope adding my reply will add to the conversation.
    Cheers,
    Jo
    Wordtracker Support

1.While the Google AdWords tool's free it can incur its own costs intime, effort and missed opportunities.
    Freetools don't provide any support or guidance. On the other hand, mostpaid tools offer some level of support. Which can be incrediblyuseful and time saving.
    Nokeyword data is perfect, not even the big daddy Google. In factGoogle's data is a sample from its search engines which is thenscaled, Wordtracker data is not extrapolated in this way which makesit more directly related to search.
    Wordtrackerhas a proprietary keyword database (we have partnerships with some ofthe metacrawler search engines), so you can choose to investigateboth Google keyword data and Wordtracker data. It's worth looking atboth. The Wordtracker data is important because it gives users accessto the long tail of keywords. These are the longer keyword phrasesthat Google doesn't show you. As a result you'll usually encountermuch less competition than when you target the more popular headterms that Google provides.
    Allkeyword data contains errors and inconsistencies. All keyword datacontains some spam terms. Comparing different keyword data sourceshelps you spot those errors and spam in the data. So you shouldn't bereliant on just one data source. This is why we show both theWordtracker and Google data in our tool.
    Inaddition to this Wordtracker tool offers much more than just keywordresearch, it will help you monitor your on-page SEO, check for SEOproblems on your site, track your site's position in Google's resultsand much more.
    2.Wordtracker's figures are the actual number of searches made on someof the smaller search engines (for example, metacrawler.com anddogpile.com). Wordtracker data is comprised of just under 1% of allUS search for the past 365 days. So the number shown under the searchcolumn is the number of searches for that keyword over the last year.As we run the data through 10 filters to remove spam and robottraffic we are confident that the search numbers we deliver arerepresentative of search behaviour.
    Google'sfigures are an estimate of the number of searches made through theirsearch engines (for example, on Google.com and Google.co.uk). Thetimeframe is the last available calendar month.
    The365 dataset can be used to analyse keywords within your niche andcherry pick those that look best in terms of having high volumecombined with low competition, in order to investigate these further.It's not a question of absolute volume figures but those within theniche, so you're comparing the keywords in your results list withinyour niche to find the ones with most potential.
    Yourchoice of keywords should be driven by a large number of factorsbeyond search volume including personal considerations - you mayhave large stocks of a particular product you want to shift so youmight choose those terms above others which look to have betterpotential.
    It'sworth remembering that any Keyword Research tool is going to act as aguide and offer insight rather than exact solutions. Wordtracker'sKeyword Research tool will provide a solid framework with which youcan begin your live testing and your own insight into the market willbe an invaluable part of informing the process. It's important tomonitor your pages' performance and make adjustments as necessary, sothat you can continue to provide the best quality content to yourusers and continue the process of making your site successful.
    3.For ads set up as exact match, Google serves those ads only whentriggered by the exact keyword you've used in the campaign. You canset up a PPC campaign for any keyword whether it appears in theGoogle dataset or not, you aren't restricted to the keyword phrasesin their dataset.

4.Within an exact match campaign, the keywords you choose are even moreimportant as ads only show for those searches. The data shown in theWordtracker Keywords tool is exact match data and by using theWordtracker and the Google data you're referencing an alternativedataset which gives you another pool of keyword suggestions totarget.

Thecornerstones of all AdWords campaigns are their keyword lists. Themore finely-tuned your keyword list, the stronger your account willbe. You can find keywords that none of your competitors are using tomake yourself stand out. Using a keyword tool can help you find longtail keywords with high conversion rates and low costs, just be awarethat long tail keywords don’t typically generate as much traffic asbroader terms, although they are often more likely to convertcustomers.

5.The Wordtracker dataset returns up to 2,000 keywords for each seed,this can help you find the hidden gems within your niche. You'll alsohave an edge over your competitors who are using only the Googledata, they will all be competing for the same keywords as they areusing the same data.
    Findingnegative keywords depends on your market, you can use the Wordtrackerfilters to pick up terms you don't wish for your ads to show up for.These can be easily targeted and then imported into your adwordscampaign.

I hope this information helps and adds to the conversation!
    Best,
    Jo
    Wordtracker Customer support

7. No Profile Picture

What makes it a worthless tool, please give technical reasons why ? Where does it get its data from and could it be helpful for Seo and PPC ...
  9. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by needseohelp
    What makes it a worthless tool, please give technical reasons why ? Where does it get its data from and could it be helpful for Seo and PPC ...
    If you search here for Wordtracker fathom mald you'll get a balance understanding between me and one of the Wordtracker developers. Example: http://forums.seochat.com/keywords-3...or-255096.html

In general though, all keyword tool are very poor for data collection and comprehensive because they are impression-based and not click-based.

In 2006, released data from AOL showed out of 625,000 search impressions 47% of all never clicked on anything thus you have almost a 50% margin of error impressions vs. click throughs.

If those that clicked 43% chose #1, 12% chose #2, 8% chose number 3%, 6% chose #4, 5% chose #5 and #6 to #10 droped to about 3% where page 2 #11 started at 1% [all these specifics are completely ignore because an impression for a click at #1 is the same for a click at #10 but your desirable return is not the same]

In 2009, Google eye tracking experiment re-confirmed a similar sampling. [they re-confirmed the scale of click decline in falling ranks]

Comparing this general "Google" margin of errors sampling Wordtracker samples Dogpile with a 1% market share which is 60+ times smaller sampling of Google causing warped appreciation if you are attempting to understanding what phrases are worth at Google.

Tying all that quoted data together or a 100% margin of error times a 60+% margin of error makes flipping a coin a better predicter.
  11. No Profile Picture

Hi Fathom...Now the biggest selling point I keep running across is that it is great for digging deep for long tails, plurals, misspellings. My interest is in finding long tails that could deliver traffic at a lower cost and possibly ideas of keywords that I did not find on google keywords free tool...( So Fathom for keyword discovery - to find hidden gems on long tails and more hidden gems you still feel it is not worth picking it up. Did you ever use it to find some long tails or some other gems for yourself or for someone else and did you find at least 1 or 2 gems. Yes, the numbers are not accurate but that is for any search engine. I am not looking at data on clicks but more so kw's that could give me an extra opportunity in the PPC campaigns Fathom at this moment, I am looking only for additional opportunities that google data set may not provide for me. It is not about clicks at all ............but more so about finding low cost phrases I can capitalize on and get low CPC on them..thanks for feedback
  13. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

It is not about clicks at all
    Did you really just say that?