1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

? on proper Ad Campaign Ideas?

My online store currently shows up #1 when I type in XYZ product. And is in the top 10 for most products on my store when a user types into google "Brand Modelname".

But am I getting enough traffic? My prices are very competitive but I'm not getting a lot of sales. I want to increase the traffic in hopes of sales.

Lets use this example(I don't sell scuba gear but...)
    If the user searches Scuba Equipment I would up on page 5 or 6 of a google search.

But if they search XYZ Swim Fins, I am in the Top 5.

So would an adword campaign on Scuba Equipment & Scuba Diving help me?

Comments or thoughs?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

We have spent some time with adwords (since Jan. I think) at different budgets, cpc's, ads, keywords etc.

I have found that general keywords and good ad copy can pull in visitors but not sales.

For sites or projects for which traffic is the goal, we use general terms and catch phrases in the ad copy. These ads pull about 1.7-3% CTR. We select a wide range of related terms by using overtures and googles search engine tool. We also had a wordtracker account at one point and generated some master lists.

For sales conversion, we use highly specific keywords and phrases. Of course, the impressions are much lower but the CTR is as higher >3%. For some items, where we are price competitive, we mention the price in the ad or lines like: "Prices starting at $x". For some terms we may only get a few clicks a day but we get a higer conversion rate.

The only real way to know is to experiment. But if you use generic terms for your products, I suggest your ad copy reflect that you are a store.

For example, if I search for "scuba diving", I may be looking for diving reviews, information, products, etc. If you ad copy does not clearly indicate that you are selling products, then you may get a lot of clicks from information seekers and not buyers.